• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mag box, follower for 223AI?

Cinch

Team GFY
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Wyoming
I'm in the parts gathering stage for a new 223AI build and I'm not sure what will work best for the mag box and follower. It will be built on a Stiller Tac30 with an M4 bottom metal. I want to have room to seat out the 75gr Amaxes and not have feeding problems. Thanks for any advice.

Re: Mag box, follower for 223AI?

I have used, and am about to pick up another, a standard remington action with the factory mag box and follower tweaked slightly. My gunsmith lengthened the mag box by adjusting the spacer in the back, and added a piece of metal to stabilize the follower due to the excess length in the mag box. It works quite well.

Re: Mag box, follower for 223AI?

I don't know if you are totally against running a dbm, but why not just use a badger ordnance m5 bottom metal with the new ai 223 mags. 10 round capacity and lots of room to seat them out long.