• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mag Loader for AICS Mags - UPDATED

CaptNemo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2009
    Southern Alabama
    I have a few MDT mags and the location of the feed lips vs. the shoulder on a 6.5 CM cartridge conspire to make loading mags to capacity difficult.
    The shoulder is behind the front edge of the feed lips so you can't use the next cartridge to press the loaded cartridge down to slip it into the mag.
    I end up having to stick my index finger between the feedlips to make enough room to insert the next cartridge, but there has to be a better way.
    Besides I need one more piece of equipment.
    Yes, I know... .260...

Anyone use the MDT Loader ?

MPA makes one too:

This sort of thing (several make them now) may be enough for you, and is more portable so just toss it in the bag for range use also. Functionally, it is just a fake finger to stuff down into the mag to avoid wearing out your pinkie.
    acbfb8af5ed30a1418e4736c55726eb4.jpg

I will second the loader from smoooth1. I have a couple and they work great

Reactions: smoooth1
    I've used the MPA one. Works as intended. It's also small and easy to stash places.

Update Time:
    I bought the MDT mag loader as well as a 5 round Non-Binder plate magazine for the upcoming hunting season.
    The loader has a spring loaded tab that pressed down the top cartridge and swings rearward and upward as you insert the next cartridge into the mag.
    So, it works as advertised for $15.

Some photos:
    E0877BB1-FD72-479D-B401-9A335CFD31D7.jpeg
    86A6C8A1-5C63-4356-BD37-0243F7DDF8F4.jpeg

Then this guy was the one who packed my order for shipment:
    00CAA7BE-441E-40C9-BB80-412E6F76B536.jpeg

Reactions: MDT_OFFICIAL