• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mag options for 300 WSM in Stiller Tac 30

bluto77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I have a 300 WSM built on a Stiller TAC 30 (not AW version) in a Manners MCS T-5 (not mini-chassis version). The barreled action is pillar bedded in the Manners. I've been shooting the 178 AMAX's and starting to shoot the 208 AMAX's. I have a 10 rd Alpha mag.

Feeding on the 178's was hit or miss, mostly miss. I just started with the 208's, and I can't get them to feed at all. They appear to be already nose-diving when I first insert the mag. With the 178's I can push down on the back of the cartridge with my fingers and slide it back slightly and that helps. I tried doing the same with the 208's, and it didn't help at all. Measurement to OGIVE is 2.235 and OAL is 2.967. I have been told to try regular AI 308 mags, but the OAL is too long.

I'm looking for suggestions for other mag options.

How hard is it to remove that plate? I'm sure there are a number of threads here that explain the process. Thanks for the advice.