• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mag Pouch for AICS 5 round, AI AW and AI AWSM mags

MtGoat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2003
Middleton, Idaho
The post seems to have disappeared about the mag pouches for the 5 round AICS magazines, 10 round AW magazines and the AWM/AWSM magazines. Is anyone currently making mag pouches for these magazines or are there some in the works? I believe Triad was working on some and waiting for a batch from Eagle Industries????

Pat

Re: Mag Pouch for AICS 5 round, AI AW and AI AWSM mags

I use Tactical tailor single stack M14 pouches... add a small bit of padding for the 10rnders so they sit higher, and about a 1/2 fill for the 5s... works perfectly... lot of guys using them in the club

I saw some Paraclete pouches at Grey Group I was wanting to try, but didn't have any mags with me. I'll take some next time I go to Fayetteville.

Cut

How about a universal pouch that would work for, lets say, AICS 10 rounders, 19 round DPMS, & AR 10 - 20 round mags ?

Any interest ?

Yep, I know a secret.................

Stu

I am really looking for a single or double mag pouch for the 5 round AICS (already have a nice set of pouches for the 10 rounders), and the 10 round AW 308 magazines (similar in size to the 5 round AICS magazine) and the AIWM/AWSM which are similar in length to the AICS and AW magazines but narrower in width and a bit longer front to back (but may fit in the pouch for a AICS 5-round or AW magazine). Molle compatible

Pat

What are the miltaries using that field the AW or AWSM rifles? Heck with so many AICS magazines in the Marines...someone must be making a mag pouch?????

If I had some AI mags it would be a simple matter, but since I don't I am going to have to source some first.

Anyone want to loan me one?

I need to order some webbing so I can do MOLLE pouches, but I had planned on that anyway.

I use a double grenade pouch for my two 5-round mags. Holds them without clinking or clanking when running around. Fits on my SOTECH large pouch with MOLLE or directly on the BLoCS belt as needed. Also running Triad's 10-round mag pouches which fits two 10-round mags.

With the 40-rounds in ammo carrier strips in the Large pouch, two mag pouches with 2 10-round mags each and one double grenade pouch with 2 5-round mag plus the 20-rounds in the buttstock carrier, I can pump a lot of rounds out of the Rem 700. This is my standard load for tactical match (min 60 rounds). Can add on the holster for the Glock and two extra pistol mags and still be managable or trim down to the minimum required.

My two cents...

Gunfighter

I find the 10 round AICS mags get in the way when shooting low prone so am running 5 rounders. I have the SoTech 10 round pouches and they work well for the 10 round AICS but are a compromise for the 5 rounders. A purpose built pouch that have enough flexibility for all three magazines or individual pouches that fit well would be the shizzle. I just haven't found them yet which is odd with te popularity of at least the 5 round AICS mags (and the AW and AWSM mags world wide).

Pat

I will have to start a new thread for the Triad AI mag pouch family.

The double mag pouches for 10 round AICS mags are in stock in Khaki, Black, Olive Drab, Ranger Green, Coyote Brown and Multicam.

TT-MP1-AI-10-2-MSCOMBO2copy.jpg

They are listed HERE

The single mag pouches for the 5 round AICS $ 10 round AW mags will be in stock in the same colors in about two weeks. These were the ones that I rejected because I did not like the fit, the pouch was just too tight. By doing so, I was able to spec them just a little bigger so the accept the AW mags as well.

In production, with an unknown delivery date (6-8 weeks?), is the double mag pouch for the 300/338 magnum magazines. Basically an up sized copy of the AICS double.

PS: M14/M1A/FAL/SR25 pouches are too deep for the 10 round AICS mags. Yes they will fit in there, but it "just ain't right."

Steve, I searched all over the site for your post. Started to think that I was crazy. Are you taking pre-orders?

Pat

These work with Morta Mags?

FYI, the prototype for the pouch to hold 2 x AICS 5 round magazines has been approved. Im told they will arrive in bulk in 8 weeks.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will have to start a new thread for the Triad AI mag pouch family.

The double mag pouches for 10 round AICS mags are in stock in Khaki, Black, Olive Drab, Ranger Green, Coyote Brown and Multicam.

TT-MP1-AI-10-2-MSCOMBO2copy.jpg

They are listed HERE

The single mag pouches for the 5 round AICS $ 10 round AW mags will be in stock in the same colors in about two weeks. These were the ones that I rejected because I did not like the fit, the pouch was just too tight. By doing so, I was able to spec them just a little bigger so the accept the AW mags as well.

In production, with an unknown delivery date (6-8 weeks?), is the double mag pouch for the 300/338 magnum magazines. Basically an up sized copy of the AICS double. </div></div>

Any way to get an email alert when the 300wm pouches become available in khaki?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Any way to get an email alert when the 300wm pouches become available in khaki? </div></div>

If any product is out of stock, use the contact info on triadtactical.com and send me an email. When I get solid info on a delivery date, I will give you a bump.

Are you getting those double pouches any time soon for AW mags? I have to singles, but less rail space is better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you getting those double pouches any time soon for AW mags? I have to singles, but less rail space is better. </div></div>

Maybe Nick can knock out a few doubles for AW for you. The double pouch for 5 round AICS are too small and the double pouch for 10 round AICS are too big. I have a lot of other projects going right now, keeping me pretty busy.