• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mag & Std bolt long action

Outlaw45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Iowa, USA
Besides Big Horn (already have one) what other long actions allow you to use prefit barrels and swap bolts or boltheads?

I'm thinking of building a bld hunter style gun in 300prc and also be able to swap it to 6-06 or other.

Arc allows you to swap bolt heads.

As far as bolts most all can with the gentle touch of a gun smith who can cut both the same.
For prefit style bolts though I think anything you can get a prefit shouldered barrel for you should, by that same logic, be able to swap a bolt in too.

I don’t have a long actions, but I’ve got 2 different short actions and 1 XM length with 8 different bolts (308, 223, and mag bolt faces). If these companies can do it, I’m sure all of them can.

kelbly atlas tactical 223, 308, mag
Impact 223, 308, mag
Defiance ruckus (XM length) 308, mag

Thanks,
Jay

Last edited:
For defiance you can get prefits for the Tenacity, Anti, and the ruckus. I’m pretty sure that you can switch the barrels between the 3 as well (though I have not tried it).