• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mag Well / Mag Grip for M110/Ar-10 rifles?

bmt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2010
Skinner's Mudhole, Oregon
Apologies if this has been asked already, but my google-fu has failed me.

Does anyone know of a Magwell type fore grip for 308/7.62 AR Platform? (and where I could get one?)

BMT

Re: Mag Well / Mag Grip for M110/Ar-10 rifles?

Is that the funky magpul slant grip that goes right on front of the magwell?

I have not seen anything of that variety for the AR-10/LR-308 platform yet (but admittedly, magwell grips aren't my thing).

As for the Magpul AFG/AFG2, it really wasn't developed for use on the rearward portion of the rail, but hey...if it works for you, go for it!

You might check ARFCOM and see if you can reel in any info on a product like what you are looking for in either the AR-10 or AR Variants (.308) subforums. Some of the "gear queers" over there might know of a source.

I tried the AFG and it felt like I was trying too hard to be cool!

Just another gizmo to buy for no reason. I'm going to mount a bicycle bell on mine with purple streamers and a white picnic basket filled with beer, ammo, firecrackers and condoms.

Thanks for the all the input.

I went to US Tactical Supply yesterday (Albany, Oregon) and looked at other options. (Ain't no magwell grips got 7.62 platform).

Probably gonna lose the front bipod stud, place a rail on the bottom of the handguard, and try a grip-pod.

BMT