• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Magazine compatibility

punter

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2012
Will a .300 win mag magazine work for .270 Winchester?

Dimensions of the .270 are really consistent with the .30-06, so it'll definitely feed out of a .30-06 magazine... But Accuracy international does not make a .30-06 magazine.

Overall length of the .300 win mag and .270 Winchester are the same, but the .270 has a smaller diameter.

Trying to figure this out, so I can determine my options for bottom metal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I do know that there will be problems without modifying the feed lips on the AI mag. There are a couple threads out there on it.

I do know that there will be problems without modifying the feed lips on the AI mag. There are a couple threads out there on it.

Yeah, I figured there would be, but I've done a bunch of searches, both on this site and general google searches, and I can't find anything beyond the stickied thread about AI mags. It confirms what you said, about the feed lips needing to be modified, but it doesn't offer any details on what or how to perform the mod.

Seems to me that such a mod would be best done by a professional. It'd be real easy to ruin a mag if you don't know what your doing.

I have read about it a few times on here. Cannot remember any pictures of it, nor do I have any first hand experience modifying feed lips on AI mags, all my rounds fit. I would assume that you would just bend them in until it holds rounds reliably. Hopefully someone with more experience doing this will come along and get you some pictures or better advice.