• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing magazine extenders

persistant7500

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
Buckeye AZ
has anyone ever used those extended drop floor magazine plates for the 700 SA. I would love to add a round or 2 but don't know if going the cheap route will be more of a pita or not. Jeff

Re: magazine extenders

that's exactly what I was asking about, so, you didn't have any problems with it? I have a new stock coming and I didn't want to have to mess with DBM inletting yet.

I have two of them, one on a .223/300 whisper and a second on my 6x47L. They've held up to hunting treatment. Both guns get carried quite a bit. I wouldn't stake my life on them, but they work quite well for what they are and how much they cost.

My 6x47L runs a little smoother now due to the decreased spring pressure. And I still have enough spring pressure on the last round so that the bolt doesn't override the rim.

I'm happy with them on the two rifles I have them on. Sometimes keeping up with mags is a PITA. Now I have increased round capacity without fussing with detachable box magazines.

I did have to file the sides of the catch tab to fit into the recessed magazine catch slot. A little work with a file and now they still fit snug. Before they wouldn't fit into the slot at all. I guess they may be cast a little oversize.

But both of mine have required minor fitting.

I guess for 20 bucks I will have to give it a shot and see if I can make it work. Some day on the DBM but not until after I get out of school. Still have 2 kids a home that take up most of my play money.

They are gtg just be careful to suport your ear when you drift the pin. Take your time and it works great. I'm in the same boat, saving funds for the Badger DBM some day but for now this is a decent solution.