• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magazine for 300rum ? / AI AW 338 vs 300wm

Defusion

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2008
Netherlands
I'm trying to think of what gun/build I want for shooting out to about 1 mile.
Seriously considering the 300rum over the regular 300wm. 338lm is not an option due to local regulations.

However, does anyone know of magazines for the 300rum?

I've been having a hard time finding data on the AI AW Magnum magazine, was hoping that might work as the short AW magazine has a fairly generous length compared to the short AICS mags.
I already know the AICS LA mags won't work.

Also, does anyone know if the 338lm and 300wm versions of the AI AW use the same size magazine, and if the 338lm mags could possibly be modified to accept the 300rum?
If they use the same size mags, I'd also like to know if the bolt is interchangeable between the 338 and 300.

The aics la 338 mag is the same.as the aw 338 mag. The aics 300wm mag is the same as the aw 338 mag.

Thanks! That explains my problems finding data on it.
With this new information and some new search keywords, i found this: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ington-ultra-mag-aics-338-lapua-magazine.html

So it will work with the 338 mags, but you need to do some altering.

Now the last question, hypothetically if I could get one, would it be possible to use the 300wm AW bolt in a 338lm AW? So I would end up with a 300rum AW.
(I know I'd probably be better off with something like a 300lm or 300 norma magnum in my situation if I were to go the AW/AX route. 300rum like in above thread would be my choice if I went with a AICS build)