• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magazine question for all you Savage AICS owners

vmpglenn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2004
Fitchburg, WI
I have a Savage 10FPSR installed in an AICS. As far as I can tell, everything is installed correctly and the magazines feed fine under normal circumstances.

However, I've noticed that if I apply upward pressure on any of my AICS magazines (factory 5-round, Accurate Mag 10-round, Alpha Type I 10-round) the bolt will begin to bind against the magazine. And if I use the magazine as a monopod while the bolt is retracted, I can't even get the bolt past the magazine to feed a round.

Is this typical for the Savage AICS setups, or do I have an out-of-spec component somewhere?

Thanks.

Re: Magazine question for all you Savage AICS owners

vm,
I only use AI 5&10rd mags only and have never used my mags as a rest in any way so I can have quick access for mag changes and I heard that could mis-align the feed lips of the mag. I just got back from trying this with my new AICS on my Savage 10 5&10 AI's and with the mag M/T no pressure everything is fine, can't even feel the mag when cycling, with the rifle resting on the mag only I can feel the mag when cycling but still cycles. I tried this also with full mags and again I could feel the mag but I still had no cycling issues, but again I would never do this in the future because of reasons listed above for me and my equipment. Is the rear tang under the plastic skin?
Sully