• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing magazine question

rwest309

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Artesia NM
Lets say you have a 700 style long action in a long action manners mcst with a long action mini chassis and you would like to feed 6.5X55 from an AI magazine what would you suggest.

Is there an AI style mag made for long action standard bolt face cases? I have a 338 mag and a 300 win AI mags and even with feed rails altered it aint happening.

At least I wouldnt say reliably happening. The top cartridge will stay in the mag with the rails adjusted in but all the rounds below it are staggered and it causes issues when they come up to be fed. I need like a 30-06 or 270 mag for AI style bottom metal. Does this exist? Any other options. Thanks in advance.

Re: magazine question

I got with the guys at alphaindustries (morta mag) and they were super helpful. I think it is going to be resolved. Good for any of us that want to run non magnum long action stuff out of bottom metal accepting ai mags.

Re: magazine question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rwest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets say you have a 700 style long action in a long action manners mcst with a long action mini chassis and you would like to feed 6.5X55 from an AI magazine what would you suggest.

Is there an AI style mag made for long action standard bolt face cases? I have a 338 mag and a 300 win AI mags and even with feed rails altered it aint happening.

At least I wouldnt say reliably happening. The top cartridge will stay in the mag with the rails adjusted in but all the rounds below it are staggered and it causes issues when they come up to be fed. I need like a 30-06 or 270 mag for AI style bottom metal. Does this exist? Any other options. Thanks in advance. </div></div>
Call Alpha Mags.