• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Magazine Tension Adjust Sako TRG

frankythefly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2010
Colorado
For those Sako TRG Guys.
I discovered this yesterday. A few of my TRG MAGs where seating really tightly. So I took of the bottom skin and noticed a block of aluminum next to the mag well. It was fastened with a hex bolt so I loosened it and moved the block a few thousands away from the mag well. Next seated a MAG and it was world of difference, really easy to seat and to release.

Just thought I would share this, I am sure you TRG gurus already know this. I am soon learning that everything on this rifle can be adjusted.

Re: Magazine Tension Adjust Sako TRG

Yeah that's why that block is there. The reason I think is this: the forend is cast polyurethane and that is not easy to hold a few thousandths tolerance with. On a magwell, .010" can be the difference between not going in, and dropping free. So the block is the best solution to have a nice mag fit while using a cast forend.

Justin

I knock the sharp edge of my mags off with a stone where they hit that block, makes the mags seat much slicker and saves some wear on the block.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hellbender</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knock the sharp edge of my mags off with a stone where they hit that block, makes the mags seat much slicker and saves some wear on the block.
</div></div>

Will give that a go too. Block move made a big difference so with your trick should be slicker than owl caca.