• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magazine tight in XLR Element?

shoobe01

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2005
Mission, KS
www.donttouchme.com
Finally, finally got to the range and got to shoot the Element chassis around my 700SA. Delighted mostly, but haven't 100% proven it as I ran out of light, but I think it was a good choice. But exactly one other thing is not awesome:

Inserting mags is hard.

It doesn't scrape or anything, and it drops free without too much mag release lever force. But inserting requires you to smack the bottom of the mag a bit. More than I have to do with any other mag on a gun I own. Not awful, but not convenient and damned sure not fast with the extra step.

Is this a known thing and I just cannot find any reference to it? Is there an easy fix by chance?

This is exactly the same with both steel AICS (AI marked) and with Magpul.

Thanks!

Finally, finally got to the range and got to shoot the Element chassis around my 700SA. Delighted mostly, but haven't 100% proven it as I ran out of light, but I think it was a good choice. But exactly one other thing is not awesome:

Inserting mags is hard.

It doesn't scrape or anything, and it drops free without too much mag release lever force. But inserting requires you to smack the bottom of the mag a bit. More than I have to do with any other mag on a gun I own. Not awful, but not convenient and damned sure not fast with the extra step.

Is this a known thing and I just cannot find any reference to it? Is there an easy fix by chance?

This is exactly the same with both steel AICS (AI marked) and with Magpul.

Thanks!

Did you call xlr? I bought one of their chassis a couple years ago right when it came out. Waited a year to get it just to find out the bolt spacing was off. I had a replacement part in a couple days.

If it happens with all mags then sounds like the mag catch might be slightly too long. Take a few swipes with a file...or call XLR.