• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magazine Type Pro Cons

Kabulpostie

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2011
Bellingham, WA
Hello all,
100% noob to bolt actions and I have a question regarding magazines. I am having a custom .308 being built based on a Remington 700 action and a MacMillan Sako Varminter stock. I was quite happy with my choice, but then I started watching vdeos of the drills and competitions at rifles only and noticed that having a detatchable magazine has some definite benefits. My gunsmith is reluctant to do this for me with the current stock choice. I trust him 100% and am wondering if I should choose a different package instead? I would love to say that I am going to be a shit hot tactical sniper ranger delta SEAL ninja, but the fact is I spend most of my time overseas and just don't get to shoot much. I really want to go to a RO class if their schedule ever matches mine, but that will be a year or two away at best.
SO really the rifle will be used for range days, and the occasional hunting trip if I get the time. When I ordered the build I wanted to go as light as possible (I realize this is relative for a tactical type rifle vs. hunting) so I wasn't lugging around a 20lb pain in the ass when tromping through the woods. So the readers digest version of this novel is: For a light and handy tactical gun does an internal or DBM make more sense? Sorry about the long post, I'll get better. Thanks in advance for any advice or info.

Re: Magazine Type Pro Cons

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kabulpostie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> For a light and handy tactical gun does an internal or DBM make more sense?</div></div>

Internal

BTW, welcome to the Hide and stay safe over there.