• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magazines for .308 (advice needed)

Douglas-001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2012
50 miles west of Camp Perry
So while sniffing around on Midway, I discovered that I am eligible for special pricing for my birfday. :ROFLMAO: Presently running an Alpha mag and 3 Accurate mags in my bolt gun (all are 10 rd) and may scoop up a few more. I had read that there are several options out there now, including polymer style mags. I'm out of the loop on these new offerings (MDT?) and would kindly ask members for their thoughts and opinions on some of the new options out there, both polymer and steel. A photo which will also be sent over to the "Poors...show your rig..." thread....😝 Thanks as always!

Doug
IMG_3591.jpg

Reactions: stello1001
My MDT steel mags are reliable and feed well.

AICS mags are reliable and smoother than the MDTs.

AW mags are the smoothest of them all if your action is cut for them.

I’ve heard mostly good things about ARC mags, but don’t have any personal experience with them.

Magpuls feed smoothly when they work, I had problems with them reliably lifting the next round into place.

I reckon I'll hold off on any MDT mags, or any others for now. I spend $1 more and can pick up an Accurate mag. They work just fine in my rifle but I wanted ask anyway. Sometimes the "special pricing" isn't so special....

Reactions: SonoranPrecision