• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magneto flashers - keep outside long term?

Tim_WNC

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2014
Western NC
Who has experience with keeping
Magneto flashers mounted to steel and left out for extended periods?

I have 700 yds that follows a steep incline. If I could mount the flashers and only make the climb to change batteries that’d be awesome.

Why do you need a flasher at 700yds?

tenor.gif

Well, for starters it means walking uphill to change batteries.

Kinda curious why you feel it's even necessary, are you not able to spot your own hits at 700yds? Necessitating a flasher?

6mm past 1k, sure, 700 ?

Well, for starters it means walking uphill to change batteries.

Kinda curious why you feel it's even necessary, are you not able to spot your own hits at 700yds? Necessitating a flasher?

6mm past 1k, sure, 700 ?

IOW, you don’t actually have any thoughts on the specific question. Gotcha.

Next!

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
If you’re asking about the T1000 then yes you can do that. Not sure on other models

However, if it gets “cold” where you live, like less than 30ish degrees Fahrenheit, you’ll likely see the batteries dying prematurely

"Sure, you can come shoot my 700 yard range. Just need you to go out there and change the batteries in the hit indicator so we can see YOUR hits." ;)

Actually, it was a not so veiled attempt at inviting myself, we live near each other.? Least I am willing to work for it!

Who has experience with keeping
Magneto flashers mounted to steel and left out for extended periods?

I have 700 yds that follows a steep incline. If I could mount the flashers and only make the climb to change batteries that’d be awesome.
We leave our flashers out for 3 days and over night each month (in all weather) that we shoot, I don't know if you'd consider that an "extended period" of time. Our 12-14 LR targets change distance every month with the flashers. Our targets are from 1300+yards UKD to 1 mile KD up to 5% grade, altitude is 4000+. But we change the batteries daily (sometimes even new batteries fail) and/or have to replace the flasher if/or when damaged (struck by a projectile), we drive an ATV to accomplish this task. Otherwise, the flashers come down and are secured.

U.S.M.C.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim_WNC