• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magneto speed sporter for 22?

rpope423

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2021
Kingsport tn
Anybody tried the magneto speed sporter on 22 rifles? Says it works on .5-1.0 inch barrel diameter I have a Cz 457 varmint at one factory barrel. Just curious if anybody has tried it

I see people making comments about the sensitivity settings (lack of) on the sporter model and maybe not reading or being finicky for rimfire applications. I cannot verify this first hand.
I personally own a V3 and have to raise the sensitivity settings to about 8-9 for rimfire.

Just received mine today it does only have 3 settings from what I can tell-regular,hi 1 and hi 2 hoping to get to try it out this weekend

Having been down this road, I wish I would have gotten the V3 instead of the Sporter....which I eventually sold in order to get the V3. Could have saved some $ and just went with the V3 first.

I've heard of sensitivity issues with 22, but I never tried my Sporter on 22lr...only center fire.

worked on both my cz mtr and pops 144lsa mossberg with no problems just need to use the right spacers or maybe up the sensitivity a bit .

I’ve got a magnetospeed sporter and use it my on suppressors AAC prodigy 22lr, I’ve used it on just about everything.

I've used my sporter on airguns with the sensitivity maxed out and the bayonet as close as possible. works fine down to ~600 fps with lil tiny .177 pellets. It doesn't like speeds below that at all.

Dumb story........I got the bayonet a bit too close on 22LR once, and the bullets were actually contacting the last bit of the bayonet. It'll make the POI shift quite a bit. No damage to the bayonet. :rolleyes:

I struggle with getting the sporter to work with my 22lrs if anybody has tips or tricks it would be greatly appreciated!

Went out today and tested my sporter, used the big space and set sensitive on highest possible and was picking up shots no issue money well spent

Reactions: DaveCo