• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magneto Speed V3 Mounting Options

TSparger

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2020
Marietta, Georgia
So I'm wanting to get an off barrel mounting option for my MS V3 that I can use on both my rimfire (20" barrel) and centerfire rifle (26" barrel). Based on what I've seen in my research I am leaning toward either the Wiser Precision or Gray Ops mounts. Anyone had experience with both of these that can provide any feedback to help me make my decision?

So I'm wanting to get an off barrel mounting option for my MS V3 that I can use on both my rimfire (20" barrel) and centerfire rifle (26" barrel). Based on what I've seen in my research I am leaning toward either the Wiser Precision or Gray Ops mounts. Anyone had experience with both of these that can provide any feedback to help me make my decision?
I've been using my MSv2 since they came out in 2013, but the inconvenience of it, has been my only real gripe with it. So I just bought one of these...

It's basically a LabRadar, but pocket-sized, and bluetooths to your phone to store your shot strings and data. You can even make profiles for each rifle, and it will store the shot data and weather conditions data using your phone's GPS under each profile.

And a nice solid & sturdy aluminum Neewer mini tripod on Amazon and a Sunwayfoto 3" pic rail ARCA mount.

Mini Tripod

Sunwayfoto 3" Pic ARCA Rail

I did mine a few years ago using an adjustable camera arm. Just had to drill n tap an aluminum piece to connect it. Used a pic rail clamp but have a arca clamp coming in from Amazon so I can use it on my bolt guns a lil bit more efficiently.
I have one I built as well from an adjustable camera arm and a cheap picatinny rail piece ... I also have a second MPA RAT mount system for Area Chassis/rails.

Pretty much allows you to shoot with chronograph any time without strapping to barrel. The MPA system literally takes seconds. The camera arm system takes 30 seconds to align

I’ve only used the MK Machine mount for the MS V3 that attaches to the arca rail. Super solid and very versatile. I’ve used it for both centerfire and rimfire, suppressed and non-suppressed.

MAN_MGN-X.jpg

I am using the Labradar now so the MSV3 just sits. A few years ago many of us were configuring off-the-barrel alternatives for using the MSV, especially with suppressors. Combining some simple picatinny rails you can easily fabricate a 3-axis adjustable system.
A simple L-bracket and a QD mount allows for use with pistols supressed as well.

IMG_0432KAC SR-25 MagnetoSpeed V3 Mount Modifications for No Gap Suppressor-Rail Photos 08.17....jpg
IMG_0430KAC SR-25 MagnetoSpeed V3 Mount Modifications for No Gap Suppressor-Rail Photos 08.17....jpg
IMG_0428KAC SR-25 MagnetoSpeed V3 Mount Modifications for No Gap Suppressor-Rail Photos 08.17....jpg
IMG_1715Cracker Swamp KAC SR-25 2ND SESSION  01.08.22 copy 2.jpg
IMG_2503 copy.jpg
IMG_2502 copy.jpg
IMG_2501 copy.jpg
IMG_2401a copy.jpg

I've got a batch coming back from anodization tomorrow. There are quite a few of these out there, repeatable and reliable:

Reactions: K80/6.5 and ECK
I really like my mkm mount only thing I did was add a piece of fiberglass rod instead of the steel rod it works great on suppressor and isn’t near as heavy.

I have the MK machining mount. No complaints at all, except when I mount it directly to the Arca rail on my XLR chassis it moves forward a tad with each shot. After three shots it falls off. I now mount it to a pic rail and problem solved. Not sure why but even if I tightened it down a bunch to the arca rail on the XLR it would slide.

Info please
I made it because I needed one. I made a few spares for mates. Attaches to a pic rail on your stock or chassis, and I used a arca->pic rails adaptor for my chassis.

The magneto unit is held on via 2 screws, once you remove the fabric strap. The 3.5mm jack can be put in the bottom or the back, both work and have clearance. The block that the magneto attaches to is arca on the back, so can easily slide up and down for vertical adjustment. The long stainless tube also can slide in and out of the clamp at the back, but having it with an arca mount made it easy.

I have designed a display unit mount for Mlok, but haven't made it yet.

I'm in Australia, so I can't send you one.

I have the MK machining mount. No complaints at all, except when I mount it directly to the Arca rail on my XLR chassis it moves forward a tad with each shot. After three shots it falls off. I now mount it to a pic rail and problem solved. Not sure why but even if I tightened it down a bunch to the arca rail on the XLR it would slide.
Not all manufacturers use the same “standard” dimensions for Arca rails. There was a thread here somewhere on the topic recently.

I have an MK mount that works very well - fits the rails on my chassis‘ firmly so no issues.

I use the Wiser and like it a lot. I use it with everything from an 18" Vudoo out to a 28" 6.5 Creedmoor. With and without brakes and suppressors. I like the Wiser has an angle adjustment so if you have a different angle on the forend you can adjust the bayonet to be flat. It's easy to slide it on and get it adjusted.

IMG_2393 (3).jpg

Reactions: Ichi
I have the original Wiser. It works well enough even though I've had parts crack over time and had to get replacement parts.

I may try the recent Wiser revision given all the changes they've made in the past few years.