• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

magneto speed vs labradar?

Ruslow

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
AR
Has anyone tested the two at the same time? i had access to a labradar and my bullet speed was 200fps faster that what my magneto speed showed and ab had trued. curious as to if something is wrong with the radar? Stan

What distances was the Labradar reading at.
I’ve compared my sporter to the Labradar at the local range multiple times and it’s always within A few fps.

I’ve done it and it was just a couple FPS off for me

I have tested it, magneto speed on the barrel and labradar right next to it. Shot for shot I think the biggest spread was 4FPS, with most shots being closer than that. The two measurements were virtually identical for practical purposes.

Reactions: Boxerglocker
I ran a test with both and after 40rds 5fps was the largest spread between the two. Interestingly enough the Labradar recorder 34/40 while the MagnetoSpeed recorded 39/40.

The LabRadar can be a pain in the arse at times. I use one for work, and also have a Magnetospeed V3 for personal use. Definitely prefer the Magnetospeed.

Magnetospeed plus wiser mount is the easiest set up ever. Just snap it on and plug it in and your ready to go.

200 fps is a significant difference. Something you did was wrong or one of one of the chronographs was off. Recheck equipment settings and run test again.