• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnetospeed buckle and strap repair

hypertex

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2007
Bullhead City, Arizona
Seems I've broken two buckles in just the last 6 months; I have been measuring every single shot since going to ELR comps. I was an early adopter and have plastic buckles on both of my bayonets. I carried a spare but that only lasted so long before it broke as well. The buckle is sewn on the strap so a field repair could only happen if you had a replacement strap/buckle. Or...

Metal buckles, slick clips and split rib buckles can easily be found online.

Have you ever seen someone shoot the strap off their magnetospeed? I loaned a guy at the range my magnetospeed for him to Chrono some loads out of his 7mm. Well 3 shots in I see my chrono go flying over the edge of the platform. Turns out the guy wasn't paying attention and his barrel tapered pretty quick so under recoil it started sliding and once it got loose it slid in front of the muzzle. He shot and the bullet went through the strap and the muzzle blast burned it as well.
I got a new chrono and the guy got a broken one out of the deal

Good arguments for Labradar. Used the Magnetospeed (high-end / not the cheap plastic one) for a couple of years. Wife got me a Labradar for Christmas and I'm loving the ease of use and freedom from barrel straps and 1/4" measurements.

I've been using the labradar lately too. It's awesome and I like the fact it can save your data to a SD card and can be uploaded to Excell. My only thing I dislike about the labradar is at my 1000 yard range shooting off the platform it's a pain to get it all setup in a way that works. Gotta aim it just right between the rails and have it set close to the rifle but still be able to shoot right. The magnetospeed was more simple for there imo.

Labradar is nice also for not having to work about poi shifts like you do with the magnetospeed

Still getting up to speed on all the Labradar features ... primarily use mine to measure accurate muzzle velocity for Kestrel accuracy.

Out of curiosity do you know how to start a new string without having to shut it off and turn it back on. I've done it a few times but it's always by accident and button mashing

Out of curiosity do you know how to start a new string without having to shut it off and turn it back on. I've done it a few times but it's always by accident and button mashing
Top-left button to start a new series, or use the smartphone app (Bluetooth) ... that's how I do it. The annoying thing to me is that after shooting a series, you can only see series statistics (like average and standard deviation), by turning the Labradar off, and then on. That's a goofy design.

I didn't realize they had a Bluetooth app. Probably should've read the instructions better lol

I didn't realize they had a Bluetooth app. Probably should've read the instructions better lol
You know why it takes a million male sperm to fertilize a single female egg?
It's because they refuse to stop and ask for directions.

That's probably accurate lol.
What all does the app do? Or is it mostly just to control it?

That's probably accurate lol.
What all does the app do? Or is it mostly just to control it?
It does a lot ... for both control and display of data. You should definitely try it. "Arming" from the app is really nice if you're in a position where reaching the unit is difficult.

Reactions: Dski48
Lol I appreciate it.
I hated when we had dogs, I got up 10 times a night to make them quit barking at the deer, raccoons and shadows lol

Lol I appreciate it.
I hated when we had dogs, I got up 10 times a night to make them quit barking at the deer, raccoons and shadows lol
We have two Portuguese Water Dogs that love to jump up onto the counter ... all four feet ... and pull dishes out of the sink to drop them onto the floor to shatter. We have to "De-Dog" the downstairs before going to bed. They're very fun and cute ... but require a little maintenance. Most nights, they sleep just fine. Not tonight.

We had 2 mutts my wife got from the pound. They were good dogs but at night Riley would go out and bark at everything in the yard all night long. And apparently my back yard is constantly full of something cause she'd never shot up.

I had to get rid of them after they are my eberlestock team elk pack, my good catfishing pole and the weather striping off the door

You know ... we're going to get a ration of shit for going off-topic. That said, I'd like to introduce you to Holly and Ivy ... the source of tonight's insomnia.

Holly and Ivy - Suttle Lake.jpg

We were camping at Suttle Lake ... Central Oregon. We live in Bend. It's a beautiful place ... on the eastern edge of the Cascade Mountains.

Best part is the awesome shooting range ... COSSA. 20-something ranges, and a steel ELD range out to 1,800 yards.

I'd kill for a range that goes out that far. Here in SC I don't think long range is all that popular. From what I can find there are only like 2 ranges that go to 1000 yards. There is one that goes to 2000 or something but they only let military, police and contractors shoot there

Just looked at their website it's only 175 dollars a year to shoot there? I pay 400 a year to only get 1000 yards

I'd kill for a range that goes out that far. Here in SC I don't think long range is all that popular. From what I can find there are only like 2 ranges that go to 1000 yards. There is one that goes to 2000 or something but they only let military, police and contractors shoot there
It's a "blessing" to have this amazing range only 30 minutes away. Here's a photo of my Barrett MRAD (300-WM) all alone on the 25-500 Sight-In range. This was on Wednesday afternoon of last week ... weather was 65 and gorgeous. Shot for 4 hours before another shooter showed up.

MRAD Range Day.jpg

It's a "blessing" to have this amazing range only 30 minutes away. Here's a photo of my Barrett MRAD (300-WM) all alone on the 25-500 Sight-In range. This was on Wednesday afternoon of last week ... weather was 65 and gorgeous. Shot for 4 hours before another shooter showed up.

View attachment 7262118
At the range here you have to reserve a spot for the 1000 yard and you only get it for 2 hours. And there can only be 2 groups on the range at a time.

At the range here you have to reserve a spot for the 1000 yard and you only get it for 2 hours. And there can only be 2 groups on the range at a time.
At COSSA ... I'm frequently shooting alone, or with just a couple other shooters. It's almost "never" crowded. Usually only a day or two before hunting season, and only at the sight-in ranges where all the hunters are zero'ing their scopes.

I'm rather envious.
I'm going to quit blowing up this guys thread now. Good talking to you man.