• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnetospeed "Magneto Mount' Gen III. Hold your chronograph without the POI shift! Check this bad boy out.

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
Our original Magneto Mount sold quite well, but I always wanted to make this more feasible for long barrels, suppressors, etc.

We have seriously beefed up the design and adjustment method, and switched to a 5/8" rod rather than 3/8". All billet construction, and will come with just a minor price increase from our original $150 mount...with drastically better performance on longer/larger rifles. Works with both Picatinny and Arca rails now, no alternate attachment methods required.

Here's your first sneak peek, after final testing we will get to work on a production batch. Preorders will be offered.

fav.jpg

Our original Magneto Mount sold quite well, but I always wanted to make this more feasible for long barrels, suppressors, etc.

We have seriously beefed up the design and adjustment method, and switched to a 5/8" rod rather than 3/8". All billet construction, and will come with just a minor price increase from our original $150 mount...with drastically better performance on longer/larger rifles. Works with both Picatinny and Arca rails now, no alternate attachment methods required.

Here's your first sneak peek, after final testing we will get to work on a production batch. Preorders will be offered.

View attachment 7054628
Does it use the RRS dovetail standard?

Reactions: Precisiondada
Well, we started with a standard Arca drawing I found, and tweaked the dimensions until they fit a 419 rail I have, some other Arca stuff, and the Arca rail milled into my bullpup chassis. And then did the same for the pic rail section. So it's probably a frankenstein sizing.

Well, we started with a standard Arca drawing I found, and tweaked the dimensions until they fit a 419 rail I have, some other Arca stuff, and the Arca rail milled into my bullpup chassis. And then did the same for the pic rail section. So it's probably a frankenstein sizing.
Recommendation from end user, use the RRS standard. It fits everything but arca has no standard and some stuff just will never fit tight. I know @MPHReallyRightStuff can offer some more technical input.

Recommendation from end user, use the RRS standard. It fits everything but arca has no standard and some stuff just will never fit tight. I know @MPHReallyRightStuff can offer some more technical input.

Agree with this.

RRS is popular for clamps and rails. Not to try and drive all business to one side, but if the rifle industry as a whole could come together and settle on one drawing and say "this is Arca, or we from this day forth will use the RRS drawing" and stop with this conglomeration of dovetail dimensions that fit some peoples clamps and rails and not others.

Suppressor companies are now starting to use one "standard" thread dimension so people can pick whatever company they want to use for their preferred mounting solution. Maybe one day this will happen to rails and clamps.

@Tyler Kemp I’ll be another one to suggest using the real RRS dovetail standard, especially on your bulpup chassis. The standard is free, and works with all the RRS and other accessories out there. Using a “Frankenstein” design sounds like it will lead to issues.

Another suggestion (and I have no affiliation with RRS), is to contact them or investigate their patents on your own. Both RRS bipod clamps I have say they are patent pending for the dual clamp design, which looks like exactly what your clamp is doing. You could be going down a painful path if you unknowingly copy their design.

89E8C83C-BC59-46CC-85EC-B3F5831B8DC8.jpeg

Reactions: Piper907
@Tyler Kemp I’ll be another one to suggest using the real RRS dovetail standard, especially on your bulpup chassis. The standard is free, and works with all the RRS and other accessories out there. Using a “Frankenstein” design sounds like it will lead to issues.

Another suggestion (and I have no affiliation with RRS), is to contact them or investigate their patents on your own. Both RRS bipod clamps I have say they are patent pending for the dual clamp design, which looks like exactly what your clamp is doing. You could be going down a painful path if you unknowingly copy their design.

View attachment 7054971

Yea but sell me one first

I'd think since ours is a 3 piece design (the third piece has the counterbore for the bolt head AND the pic rail clamp) there's no way it could infringe on anything they have?

I'll compare our measurements to the RRS standard.

6.5 SAUM in my bullpup chassis, 28" barrel plus brake. 338 Lapua Improved with 32" barrel plus a bigass brake. Plenty stiff with the 2' rod, we'll have 12" and 24" options, you could go longer if desired.

Attachments

• 65front.JPG
    65front.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 423
  • 65mountclose.jpg
    65mountclose.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 432
  • 65profile.JPG
    65profile.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 431
  • 338profile.JPG
    338profile.JPG
    376 KB · Views: 407
  • ON338CLOSE.JPG
    ON338CLOSE.JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 383
6.5 SAUM in my bullpup chassis, 28" barrel plus brake. 338 Lapua Improved with 32" barrel plus a bigass brake. Plenty stiff with the 2' rod, we'll have 12" and 24" options, you could go longer if desired.

I will chime in for the RRS standard as well. I have an RRS rail on my AT chassis and this would be perfect if it fit that rail.

Is there any finish coating in the works for this or will they be deployed au naturel?

VooDoo

I'd think since ours is a 3 piece design (the third piece has the counterbore for the bolt head AND the pic rail clamp) there's no way it could infringe on anything they have?

Have you been able to compare your measurements to the RRS standard yet?

Thanks.

is the mount that is holding the magneto speed bayonet included? The stock friction/fabric piece keeps coming loose and is annoying

I'll send you pictures of my rifles, so you can tell me what I need

Everything ya need is included for a V3. I'll also give a free V2/Sporter adapter with preorders, you just need to mention it at checkout.

Will get dimensions of the arca clamp later, it has worked just dandy on 3 different rails so I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a-ok.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie

Patents don't care how many extra parts you use to achieve the same result.. I suspect RRS's patent lawyer is decent and worded the patent accordingly (as vague as possible to blanket the design intent).

I have no dog in this fight.. just don't want to see you guys get in trouble.
My first thought when I saw your attachment mechanism was "That's patented already"

Reactions: samb300
Patents don't care how many extra parts you use to achieve the same result.. I suspect RRS's patent lawyer is decent and worded the patent accordingly (as vague as possible to blanket the design intent).

I have no dog in this fight.. just don't want to see you guys get in trouble.
My first thought when I saw your attachment mechanism was "That's patented already"
Yep get the popcorn out....I'd say a good butt hurt is in the makings if it goes to market without licensing from RRS.

What Bullpup is that in the pictures?

Chassis is the MK2
Very much not cheap. $2K

Tyler, in the process of pre ordering. Here are my main two rifles. I will have an Omega suppressor on them too, the 6.5 Creedmoor pictured has a 20" barrel, my .22 Creedmoor will be essentially the same but with a 24" Proof. sorry i dont have a close up of the forend. oh yes the .22 Creed will have the Arca rail section.

the rifle shown here does have a front swivel stud.

It will NOT work with a stock that has an angled forend at this time. Trying to think of a way to make the bayonet have cant adjustment at the bayonet, as doing it back at the mount was one of the weak points of my previous design.

Shall put a call into RRS tomorrow, can't find any patent info regarding their mount. Worst case scenario we'll make it just have interchangeable clamp sections for pic vs Arca you can swap easily.

Have an employee drawing up the clamp measurements today, waiting to hear back.

Reactions: J-Ham
$33 worth of parts through Amazon, I can pick the entire gun up by the mount and around 500 shots past the magnetospeed and hasn't hit the bayonet. fully adjustable and locks tight. even works with my dead air sandman L suppressor

Attachments

• 20190212_204129.jpg
    20190212_204129.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 187
Reactions: TRAC and Sierra770