• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnetospeed off-barrel mount effectiveness?

Yep. Wanting know this set up and will it work on the arca rail. Looks like it will just confirming
MK's clamp works on both Arca and Picatinny rails.
MK Clamp.JPG

Reactions: Bgriff008
tried both on and off barrel it was just more stuff I had to carry along with all the other stuff I bring to move around It did not seem to make any differance off or on so I just stuck with on barrel .
I feel ya. So much crap to bring to the range already. I will most likely stick with the barrel mount. Chrono is just a tool to give me info. It isn’t mounted during comps so I’m not shooting for accuracy with it on.

Reactions: Painless300
Okay guys, I apologize for jumping into this discussion. I myself have a V3 and am interested in getting the darn device off my barrel and possibly into one of these mounts. I recognize the benefit of not interfering with barrel harmonics, so you can grab velocity data while also shooting for groups.

So here's my questions, if you buy the V3 and then pay for one of these third party mounts, which seem to be several hundred bucks ($380 in the case of greyopscnc's option). You're well into LabRadar territory. Why not jut just throw down on a LabRadar not fuss with all the corded mess and adaptors?
I’ve played a bit with a Labradar and they are accurate but I’m staying with magnetospeed
Compact
Durable
No real worry’s about wind
Easy setup
No triggering issues with multiple shooters

I sold my Wiser Mount because I was still seeing POI shift with it backed off of bore line as far as I could without losing shots. Actually I pushed it past that point, was getting spotty shot acquisition (adjusted sensitivity to try to compensate, but there are limits) and still had POI shift. Was a bummer, but it was at least a definitive experiment for me. Actionable data is better than hopes or dreams.

Does anyone in Canada know where to get a Wiser mount? I just tried to order one from their website after reading about them here, but they won't ship to my address.