• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnetospeed Sporter and suppressor mounts

Freediver111

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon
Won’t be in my hands for a long time, but ordered a TBAC ultra 7. Going to use it on a few rifles, some chassis PRS type rifles but also with some hunting rifles.

I know some have just bought the V3 bayonet and it works with a can. My question is instead of spending $180 on the V3 bayonet, is there a rifle mount that will work without an added pic or arca rail? I have pic mounts that will work on my chassis rifles, but what about say a Tikka rifle with factory stock? I have the forend mounted with an arca rail for my bipod, but don’t want to add another just for the mount. It is a hunting rifle after all. KISS and lighter weight is the goal.

Have you looked at these?

They make one for the sporter and an arca attachment

Won’t be in my hands for a long time, but ordered a TBAC ultra 7. Going to use it on a few rifles, some chassis PRS type rifles but also with some hunting rifles.

I know some have just bought the V3 bayonet and it works with a can. My question is instead of spending $180 on the V3 bayonet, is there a rifle mount that will work without an added pic or arca rail? I have pic mounts that will work on my chassis rifles, but what about say a Tikka rifle with factory stock? I have the forend mounted with an arca rail for my bipod, but don’t want to add another just for the mount. It is a hunting rifle after all. KISS and lighter weight is the goal.
The Wiser Mount will do what you want, you’d just have to pop the bipod off to free up your forend rail and use a front bag.

I was in this same boat a little while ago and realized that the cost of adding a mount for the Magnetospeed would be the same cost as picking up a Labradar from Cabela's at 10% off...

I was in this same boat a little while ago and realized that the cost of adding a mount for the Magnetospeed would be the same cost as picking up a Labradar from Cabela's at 10% off...
That's fair, and there are pros and cons of each. Someone else recently put it as: "If you're shooting alone, Labradar hands down. If you're shooting near others, Magnetospeed hands down." All I can say is, the MS has been extremely reliable for me, and now that I've got the Wiser mount, I expect to fiddle it to the point of no POI shift too, which is the best part of the Labradar IMO. Labradar doesn't require any mods to the gun itself, which is also great, but it has its own pickiness issues.

I read somewhere that the Labradar won't pick up others' shots unless they're RIGHT next to you, since it's triggered by the blast. I bought a Piet recoil trigger for mine, and haven't had a missed shot yet.

Reactions: KnowNothing256
I read somewhere that the Labradar won't pick up others' shots unless they're RIGHT next to you, since it's triggered by the blast. I bought a Piet recoil trigger for mine, and haven't had a missed shot yet.
Yeah, if I had a LR, that trigger is what I'd run. Frankly a brilliant aftermarket innovation, and for a great price. Love to see it.

Reactions: charliehorse27