• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Magnetospeed Sporter with mount in a Big Muzzle Brakes

ChuckSwagger

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2017
I have a magnetospeed sporter unopened because I do have a 338LM with a APA Fat Bastard and I know they are incompatible.
I asked Wise Precision if my sporter will be compatible to my 338 using their mount, but I got no answer.

The question is, will my sporter be compatible with larger muzzle brakes when I am using any magnetospeed mount, because its bayonet looks like smaller than the V3 version?

not sure, but i have to take my brake off to use my sporter

The back of the bayonet is thicker, you will need to most likely remove material. I offer a V2/Sporter Bayonet for my mounting system, but the V3 is superior unless you want to mod your bayonet.

Reactions: ChuckSwagger
I use a wiser mount and notched approximately 3/16 off the sporter bayonet mount.
Clears a 419 sidewinder easy now.

Last edited:
Reactions: C.R. Adams
FYI with my mount, theoretically you could put the entire bayonet past your brake, mitigating clearance issues.
So its is just to buy this version here and three more rods and done ( my 338 has a 28"barrel and an APA Fat Bastard?

Cheers!

Reactions: Josh H
So its is just to buy this version here and three more rods and done ( my 338 has a 28"barrel and an APA Fat Bastard?

Cheers!

I don't think you'd even need 3 rods, but it wouldn't hurt. I have a 338 Lapua AI with a 32" barrel and big ole brake and two rods does it.

We also have combos with the V3 itself if you wanna upgrade chronos!