• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnetospeed T1000 gen 2

Sandow the Heretic

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2017
Just thought I'd get the word out that these still false just as often as any other flasher. We used them on the targets in addition to cameras at Clarks Knob and they were an issue as usual. Frame hits and rock spray still set them off with some regularity and shooters are very unhappy with being told that their flash was still a miss. For practice, whatever. It doesn't really matter unless it is training you to believe you are better than you are. Count impacts on the plate after you are done just to know what the reality is and you should be fine. For any of you that are thinking about running matches, I think they are actively worse to have than not. I'm certainly not willing to change the requirement for cameras to be used at matches in order for scores to be accepted for Ko2M ranking.

-Alex

Good to know if I can even get my two new units Gen 2 set up. Bought 'em yesterday and cannot get the units to recognize the signal from my phone in order to send setup profile. Customer service = fucking voicemail.

Wish they still made the Gen 1.

Setting Gen 1 to do what I want was easy....

Gen 2 havent even tried.

The new backer in Gen 2 is an improvement though.

Trying to remove the lights from the Gen 2 backer was a chore.

In the future the backer stays on the plate and I will just undue the velcro straps.

I have a Gen 1 and from what I can tell when they put out the Gen 2 they "fixed" problems that weren't there. I would think Magnetospeed would get the rethink but probably not.

I have a Gen 1 and from what I can tell when they put out the Gen 2 they "fixed" problems that weren't there. I would think Magnetospeed would get the rethink but probably not.

"Oh boy! Its high speed! You use an App to program it!"

Me -

phone.jpg

I think they are a great tool as when I can shoot "free range" steel I generally have no berm to indicate corrections from.

Used a Type 1 and Type 2 for the first time here....

Without them getting on steel would have been tough.

On the longest shot I was fucking up my elevation adjustments for a series of shots and I think those shots ended up hitting the T-post and I was getting yellow flash near misses rather than hits. It prompted me to check my scope settings, saw what I was doing, corrected and next shot was a red flash.

Agreed counting impact to confirm red flash is necessary. I understand the "verify" need in a competition but for recreational shooting they are a great tool......but.....

They were a better tool in Type I.

Its me against all of you when Type Is show up in the PX......ARE YOU LISTENING MAGNETOSPEED/KESTREL?

EDIT/ADD - Going to post a link to this in the Kestrel thread and see if someone in side of House A can talk to the people on the B side.

Post 846.....

Awesome Kestrel already replied.

They are going to speak to the T1000 peeps.

Good to know if I can even get my two new units Gen 2 set up. Bought 'em yesterday and cannot get the units to recognize the signal from my phone in order to send setup profile. Customer service = fucking voicemail.
Thanks for the kind words. I heard your voicemail. I was busy with other customers and playing catch up after being at the NRL Championship match over the weekend. I'll reply back to your voicemail in the order that it is received. Before I get to that, the instructions are on the App, please read them.

• Love
Reactions: 1911hombre
I think they are a great tool as when I can shoot "free range" steel I generally have no berm to indicate corrections from.

Used a Type 1 and Type 2 for the first time here....

Without them getting on steel would have been tough.

On the longest shot I was fucking up my elevation adjustments for a series of shots and I think those shots ended up hitting the T-post and I was getting yellow flash near misses rather than hits. It prompted me to check my scope settings, saw what I was doing, corrected and next shot was a red flash.

Agreed counting impact to confirm red flash is necessary. I understand the "verify" need in a competition but for recreational shooting they are a great tool......but.....

They were a better tool in Type I.

Its me against all of you when Type Is show up in the PX......ARE YOU LISTENING MAGNETOSPEED/KESTREL?
"Oh boy! Its high speed! You use an App to program it!"

Me -

View attachment 7619450
Nice relic.

• Haha
Reactions: pmclaine
Just thought I'd get the word out that these still false just as often as any other flasher. We used them on the targets in addition to cameras at Clarks Knob and they were an issue as usual. Frame hits and rock spray still set them off with some regularity and shooters are very unhappy with being told that their flash was still a miss. For practice, whatever. It doesn't really matter unless it is training you to believe you are better than you are. Count impacts on the plate after you are done just to know what the reality is and you should be fine. For any of you that are thinking about running matches, I think they are actively worse to have than not. I'm certainly not willing to change the requirement for cameras to be used at matches in order for scores to be accepted for Ko2M ranking.

-Alex
Hi Alex.

Please email me at [email protected] This way I could possible get better feedback from. You can also call me at 610-447-1555 x221.

I can't talk. I still have an Iphone 7+ LOL.

As an aside......

The Rev 2 base plates.....in my limited use (1X) were fantastic!

The loop or hook, whichever is on the Rev 1 base plate was coming off the backing when we took the targets down for the day.

The red Rev B plate with the plastic hook though was the toughest gripping velcro I have ever experienced.

From now on when removing lights from steel the backers will stay with the steel and I will use the velcro straps....Im sure that is as you intended but I am a slow learner.

Coincidentally ordered a new Rev B backer, to update my Rev A, this morning before I rejoined this topic....now even happier I did.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words. I heard your voicemail. I was busy with other customers and playing catch up after being at the NRL Championship match over the weekend. I'll reply back to your voicemail in the order that it is received. Before I get to that, the instructions are on the App, please read them.
So you join Sniper's Hide just this morning and one of your first posts is to sarcastically state "Thanks for the kind words" response to my frustration with getting your voicemail.

Best practices in CS would have YOU arranging for somebody to cover your desk in your absence, but you failed at that.

Then, you condescendingly tell me to "please read the instructions on the app." I already had done that, and it did not solve my issue, which is why I contacted you in the first place!

You chose to come on a public forum to say these things, which is your choice, and I think a poor one - because when I get around to it, I will share my experience here with your superiors at N-K, as it has been a long time since I have experienced such a "Blame the Customer" attitude from a CS rep.

Reactions: phlegethon
So you join Sniper's Hide just this morning and one of your first posts is to sarcastically state "Thanks for the kind words" response to my frustration with getting your voicemail.

Best practices in CS would have YOU arranging for somebody to cover your desk in your absence, but you failed at that.

Then, you condescendingly tell me to "please read the instructions on the app." I already had done that, and it did not solve my issue, which is why I contacted you in the first place!

You chose to come on a public forum to say these things, which is your choice, and I think a poor one - because when I get around to it, I will share my experience here with your superiors at N-K, as it has been a long time since I have experienced such a "Blame the Customer" attitude from a CS rep.
Being a dick to a manufacture on a forum is generally why manufactures never come to forums. Clearly the fact that they are here at all demonstrates that they are interested in customer satisfaction. Might want to dial it back a bit and see if they can solve your issue.

-Alex

Being a dick to a manufacture on a forum is generally why manufactures never come to forums. Clearly the fact that they are here at all demonstrates that they are interested in customer satisfaction. Might want to dial it back a bit and see if they can solve your issue.

-Alex
Manufacturers can also choose not to be dicks to their customers.

Reactions: Starbuck

Starbuck - Sorry about that. I am his supervisor and have talked with him about tone when replying to customers. I don't feel like he was blaming you but trying to explain the delay and why it went to voicemail. We certainly would like to answer every call live but it is not always possible and we certainly try and call back as soon as we can.

Reactions: phlegethon

He came here because I asked the Kestrel rep that provides awesome info to Kestrel users if he could have someone from the T1000 bureau come here.

The fact they responded so quickly is awesome.

The fact you came here and kicked the bag in on the product before speaking to anyone may be a little hasty.

I think most agree Rev A lights are a bit more user friendly.

I have seen people specifically request them as WTB while turning down the chance to get Rev B.

These lights in general dont generate much conversation here.

Im hoping with the rep here to listen we might all get some good info.

Reactions: lash
He came here because I asked the Kestrel rep that provides awesome info to Kestrel users if he could have someone from the T1000 bureau come here.

The fact they responded so quickly is awesome.

The fact you came here and kicked the bag in on the product before speaking to anyone may be a little hasty.

I think most agree Rev A lights are a bit more user friendly.

I have seen people specifically request them as WTB while turning down the chance to get Rev B.

These lights in general dont generate much conversation here.

Im hoping with the rep here to listen we might all get some good info.
Just had a good conversation with them and they genuinely were unaware that the false positive issue was a thing at all. I had always just assumed it was common knowledge but I've probably spent thousands of hours watching the camera feed on targets that had flashers on them so what is obvious to me was evidently not obvious to everyone...

-Alex

Reactions: Geno C.
FWIW I have only had the Gen 2 units, but both of mine program just fine with my iPhone. Takes a little patience and sometimes multiple attempts, but why anyone is programming these very often is kinda beyond me. Set it and forget it. Also, my steel hangs off rubber straps that are lag-bolted to 2x4's so no frame falses. BTW, I just noticed this is in the ELR subforum; I will say I've only used mine out to 1017 yards but at that distance and at 600 mine work....perfectly.

Starbuck - Sorry about that. I am his supervisor and have talked with him about tone when replying to customers. I don't feel like he was blaming you but trying to explain the delay and why it went to voicemail. We certainly would like to answer every call live but it is not always possible and we certainly try and call back as soon as we can.
Thanks for your note. I resolved the Gen 2 data transfer issue myself: The "tapping" the flasher to send the profile from the phone to the flasher just wasn't working at all, so I loaded the app on a different device (I assume with a different speaker) and the data transfer worked as advertised.

FWIW, a message on your employee's voicemail stating "I am traveling out of the office and it may take a few days to return your call" might be a good idea. And don't get me started again about his RTFM suggestion. Thanks again.

Just had a good conversation with them and they genuinely were unaware that the false positive issue was a thing at all. I had always just assumed it was common knowledge but I've probably spent thousands of hours watching the camera feed on targets that had flashers on them so what is obvious to me was evidently not obvious to everyone...

-Alex
I did not know about the issue specifically, but did notice even on the Gen 1 that even .22 lr spall from 4 feet away at 320 yards will make them go off. It makes a bit is sense that sensitivity settings could make them fire with other induced vibrations.

-Alex

My use was limited but they were a great help that one time.

I look forward to using them more.

I saw one splash while shooting on a Rev A unit and it hit about 3 feet left and was low. The splash was within 10 feet of the back of the target. Tough to gauge perspective at 550 yards or so through a scope.

That splash didnt generate any lights.

When I started bringing wind right I started to get the yellow light. I think my hits on the T post only generated a yellow light. Until I got on steel I didnt see a red light.

I got interested in buying these after shooting in the same spot with a .223 on a big ass JC steel human silhouette.

The plate was mounted solid to a tree. Hits created no sound or movement and at 450 or so yards the 77 SMKS just were not making big enough marks on the plate to see. I couldnt tell if I was on or not until I went down range and saw hits on steel. Had I been missing there was no way to adjust because I was shooting into open woods for background.

I knew at that point these lights would be great.

I was lucky to find one Rev B in the Hide PX, than picked up a Rev A as soon as it was listed in the PX soon after.

I can understand the false positive though...got a friend in the army that guys wanting to pass their combat qual course they shoot low on the mechanical Ivans and the rock splash will knock them down.

I for one am happy that MSpeed responded so fast to my request to do so and the fact the rep was at a shooting match is absolute gold.

You want a guy that shoots selling you shooting gear or a disinterested wonk?

Last edited:
If they would stop getting knocked off the targets in elr matches inside 2500yd would be nice

You know they sell spare parts?

You can build an individual one in pieces.

And yes make Gen 1s because the ladies are for guys with earlier revision units.
I’ve got 2 match director 10packs plus a bunch of spares. This was just funny how it got roasted and survived

I’ve got 2 match director 10packs plus a bunch of spares. This was just funny how it got roasted and survived

You should make it a special stage "The Target Burner"......tannerite not optional.

If they would stop getting knocked off the targets in elr matches inside 2500yd would be nice

You using the type 1 base or type 2?

Is the base detaching from the velcro attached to the steel or the velcro from the steel is detatching?

I know the battery cover was one part that wasn’t staying on. Not sure if it was the Velcro or the sticky on the Velcro that was letting go. Steve Wirth at Spearpoint could answer that. We had a hell of a time keeping them on

I know the battery cover was one part that wasn’t staying on. Not sure if it was the Velcro or the sticky on the Velcro that was letting go. Steve Wirth at Spearpoint could answer that. We had a hell of a time keeping them on

I have a useage experience of once.

The velcro I stuck to the plates was good to go.

I had time to prep it and hope that helps it stay. They cured for a couple months before use.

On the Rev A model the velcro attached to the mounting plate came free pretty much half way.

On the Rev B model the mount plate has a plastic hook manufactured into the design and it stuck to the plate unbelievably well. Never experienced velcro that tightly bonded.

I ordered a new one of the Rev B mount plates this AM. Im assuming Ill get a Rev B plate (All red plastic).

I had no issues with the velcro straps.

My experience level though is really low.......like twenty shots on steel not the useage of a match or a full days use. I got what I could get on a day trip with a 5 hour round trip drive time.

The battery cover is like a "slide lock" fit if it was coming off some deformation would have to occurred to either the plastic circuit board base or the aluminum housing. I could see that much energy hitting again and again doing it.

Nice that it seems every part is available to buy for replacement.

We are shooting stuff with up to 15000ft/lb of energy too. And 100s of rounds. But very seldom did they survive the match

We are shooting stuff with up to 15000ft/lb of energy too. And 100s of rounds. But very seldom did they survive the match

Thats asking alot.

Makes me think of the guy that runs the local 100 yard range.

He keeps putting up steel and due to volume of fire its either frames, hangers or bolts he is always changing.

They use telephone poles for frames and they last just under a year.

Hangers and bolts he probably replaces a couple times a month.

Saw yesterday something actually shot the head free of an AR500 IPSC.

Sometimes conditions require stuff be considered "consummable".