• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Magnetospeed V3 Which one and why?

tiger49931

Tiger49931
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2019
Houghton mi
www.906tactical.com
So i have been told my chrony alfa chronograph wont be as reliable as a magnetospeed. I see they have 2 versions from 170-400 the sporter version then the whole kit and caboodle. What do you use and why? Do you need all the extra mounts? Also if not magnetospeed then what is everyone using with good results.

So i have been told my chrony alfa chronograph wont be as reliable as a magnetospeed. I see they have 2 versions from 170-400 the sporter version then the whole kit and caboodle. What do you use and why? Do you need all the extra mounts? Also if not magnetospeed then what is everyone using with good results.
Read through the FAQ’s on the Magnetospeed website. There is even a comparison chart between the Sporter and the V3. This will answer most of your questions and then after that it will be up to what fits your needs.
I went with the V3. I can’t speak to comparison to other chronographs but Labradar is always in the mix when it comes to these type of discussions.

Reactions: LastShot300
Read through the FAQ’s on the Magnetospeed website. There is even a comparison chart between the Sporter and the V3. This will answer most of your questions and then after that it will be up to what fits your needs.
I went with the V3. I can’t speak to comparison to other chronographs but Labradar is always in the mix when it comes to these type of discussions.
TY ill read thru the website and see what fits what im trying to do.

V3 has more mounting capabilities including suppressors and big breaks as well as a more blingy display box.
I have the sporter with a Wiser mount and it’s served me well.

I have had my V3 for 5 years now. Zero issues, always picks up the shot. The extra mounts are nice if you have different barrel profiles, brakes, suppressors, etc.

Get the V3.

V3 because it's easier to mount to 5 different guns when I go out to chrono. Magnetospeed makes awesome stuff and you can't go wrong. Just triple check with the rod before you torch one off into the bayonet ;)

Reactions: AZLONGRIDER
V3 here. I need it because it is compatible with suppressors. It has been rock solid for 5 years and been put on many, many rifles.

Reactions: LastShot300
V3 here. I need it because it is compatible with suppressors. It has been rock solid for 5 years and been put on many, many rifles.
What’s nice about both the magnetospeeds is with the aftermarket mounts you can get long strings data while shooting at actual fun targets without aiming, false triggers or worry about wind.
And they’re quite durable.

While in factory configuration the V3 allows for more flexibility in mounting (suppresors, etc) than the Sporter, the Wiser Precision mount enables the Sporter (or V3) to mount on any rifle with a pic rail that is parallel to the barrel. I hear that the new versions also have shims to enable mounting to tapered fore-ends, but I haven't used that.

If going on a a budget, get the Sporter + Wiser mount. Basically all you lose is the bigger screen on the V3. If you don't have pic rails on your stock, then V3 is your boy.