• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MagnetoSpeed XFR app dongle with USB-C

Boxerglocker

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2012
Lynnwood, WA
Has anyone figured out a work around for the MagnetoSpeed XFR app with the newer phones that do not have a 3.5mm audio jack but USB-C? I was at the range today doing some testing and pulled out the XFR dongle to download this string and realized it can not plug into my new Samsung S20+ phone. I know there are USB-C to headphone jack adapters but would like to
20200829_122338.jpg
know if it will actually work before purchase one.

Can you share which one you have specifically?
I have purchased 2 different adapters and it has only been able to register the device a few times.

Thank you

I have a Google adaptor (came with my phone). You still need to make sure the phone's volume is turned all the way up for it to work, in case you weren't trying that.

I have a Google adaptor (came with my phone). You still need to make sure the phone's volume is turned all the way up for it to work, in case you weren't trying that.
Thank you. I will have to try that one. I have tried everything. From max volume to min. To airplane mode to turning on and off the Dolby Atmos. I've tried adjusting the adaptive sound settings as well. I've also tied switch to mono vs stereo in the settings. I've cleaned out my USB-c port on my phone as well. At best I have been able to connect about half a dozen times. Which is only about 1/10th the amount of attempts.

Doing more research, it seems that the adapters that state compatible with pixel have been the best lead I have found. This information helps confirm that, so I will attempt that adapter.

Thank you for your help.

I will followup with an update.

You mean there's a MS app, and you can plug your chrono directly into your smart phone and if you have the app opened, it stores all your data in the app, instead of using the MagnetoSpeed head unit? Is this app available for iPhone?

I noticed you said you have a Samsung Galaxy. When Apple did away with the 3.5mm jack, they included a small dongle that had a 3.5mm jack on one end, and a Lightning connector on the other to plug into the bottom of the iPhone. Not sure if Samsung or anyone else makes one for your Android phone, but I'm sure someone does, and you can probably get one pretty cheap on Amazon.

FuhQ, thanks for the reply. Yes, there are many, many usb-c adaptors. I was hoping that someone has used one that works and might be able to specify a particular one. I don't want to order adapters that don't work :)

FuhQ, thanks for the reply. Yes, there are many, many usb-c adaptors. I was hoping that someone has used one that works and might be able to specify a particular one. I don't want to order adapters that don't work :)
Apple makes a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter. Their products are typically pretty high quality and function. It's $8.99 on Amazon.

I've tried repeatedly to get the XFR to work with my iPhone (6, 12 and 13) and I've never had any luck. They even sent me a new unit to try out but I gave up.

I have a Samsung S21 , the XFR cable, and the Magnetospeed Sporter. This particular USB-C adapter works for me.

In case it helps anyone out.
Has anyone figured out a work around for the MagnetoSpeed XFR app with the newer phones that do not have a 3.5mm audio jack but USB-C? I was at the range today doing some testing and pulled out the XFR dongle to download this string and realized it can not plug into my new Samsung S20+ phone. I know there are USB-C to headphone jack adapters but would like toView attachment 7411422 know if it will actually work before purchase one.

Reactions: Boxerglocker
I have a Samsung S21 , the XFR cable, and the Magnetospeed Sporter. This particular USB-C adapter works for me.

In case it helps anyone out.

Hey @howe0001 thanks for this tip off on that adapter. I ordered one same day and just tried it out, works like a charm. I can't tell you the number of previous adapters I have ordered and returned in the past 18-20 months trying to find one that worked.

906CD319-3A8C-47D6-889D-0C9527FA6290.png

“You mean there's a MS app, and you can plug your chrono directly into your smart phone and if you have the app opened, it stores all your data in the app, instead of using the MagnetoSpeed head unit? Is this app available for iPhone?”

You have to use the XFR dongle, and the Apple adapter, but yea it works great for me. Been using it for years.