• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnetospeed

rickdavis81

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2020
Anyone else have problems getting the magnetospeed to pick up .22lr? I set the space with the supplied rod then reduced the gap a little. No difference.

I should clarify, I use Hi 2 on a magneto speed sporter (highest of 3 settings). The setting might be different on the regular model. Either way, turn up the sensitivity.

Thanks guys. Apparently I didn’t read the instructions to know there where sensitivity settings

I should clarify, I use Hi 2 on a magneto speed sporter (highest of 3 settings). The setting might be different on the regular model. Either way, turn up the sensitivity.
I have an older MagnetoSpeed V2 with the head unit that has multiple settings in the LCD display. You can toggle between them. It's more advanced than the MS Sporter model. The MSv2 has a setting just for .22LR and rimfire using lead bullets with no copper jackets on them.

Agree with the above, I also found for mine to pick up consistently was to align a molding line in the middle of the "drop" of the magneto speed to align with the end of the barrel.

My V3 tends to miss a shot or 2 at 6. At 8 all is well.