• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnification throw direction...

PlinkIt

GunNut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2014
Virginia / North Carolina
Perhaps I'm missing it....

But when we look at elevation turrets our manufacturers tend to spell out cw or ccw to let us know because most of us want things to be all matchy-matchy between our scopes

Do we have some clear standard or labeling that I'm just missing when I'm trying to pick a scope that I can't put my hands on first?

Or does this just not bother anyone else?

You're right! For some reason, this isn't mentioned. I guess a person has to look at the pictures (trying to see the magnification numbers), to figure out if a scope is clockwise, or counter-clockwise. The only time I care is on rifles that are carried, usually on a sling, it's nice to not have the throw lever poking you.

All of mine are clockwise from low to high that I can remember. Think that's such an odd issue that they don't state it because nobody really cares.

The only time I care is on rifles that are carried, usually on a sling, it's nice to not have the throw lever poking you.
Interesting I didn't even think of logistics in that manner

I just have a tendency to pull full left / ccw when im expecting more of a snap shot given a situation.
Then mid mag if I'm playing on prop & higher mag when I lay down

but I've done it enough with all the scopes being the same that i move it without thinking so when end up with one of those scopes i always move it the wrong direction first and then adjust again...

nothing detrimental just annoying and distracting it seems
All of mine are clockwise from low to high that I can remember. Think that's such an odd issue that they don't state it because nobody really cares.
Yea 99% on the ones I've gotten are left to right / cw as well

Then I decided to buy a uso .... backwards... steiner t6xi... backwards... fml starting to wonder what else I bought that'll be backwards lol

Then I realized most places don't seem to spell it out... so I guess looking at pictures or asking on here is about the only way

Reactions: RKBArmory
Interesting I didn't even think of logistics in that manner

I just have a tendency to pull full left / ccw when im expecting more of a snap shot given a situation.
Then mid mag if I'm playing on prop & higher mag when I lay down

but I've done it enough with all the scopes being the same that i move it without thinking so when end up with one of those scopes i always move it the wrong direction first and then adjust again...

nothing detrimental just annoying and distracting it seems

Yea 99% on the ones I've gotten are left to right / cw as well

Then I decided to buy a uso .... backwards... steiner t6xi... backwards... fml starting to wonder what else I bought that'll be backwards lol

Then I realized most places don't seem to spell it out... so I guess looking at pictures or asking on here is about the only way

That's sucks on the Steiner, but the USO? Well, you did that to yourself....