• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

magnifying a terrapin

jmason

Private
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
Roy, UT
Has any one come up with a method of magnifying their terrapins 5x to something higher? By using an AR tripler or a 2x magnifier? I tried a tripler (burris) but it blocked the laser if I mounted it in the front of the RF, and behind the RF it eliminated FOV.

The eyepiece is threaded I assume for an accessory?

I talked to BulzEyePro Optical Boosters and he said that his prodcut would not work.

Re: magnifying a terrapin

I was hoping to directly adapt it. But it looks like That's what I'll have to do.

Get the plrf pvs14 adapter from vectronix and the Swaro 2x doubler. You have to remove the end piece on the doubler but it works!

Get the plrf pvs14 adapter from vectronix and the Swaro 2x doubler. You have to remove the end piece on the doubler but it works!

Do you have a link. I tried searching but I don't think I found what your describing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the plrf pvs14 adapter from vectronix and the Swaro 2x doubler. You have to remove the end piece on the doubler but it works!</div></div>
Can you please post a link to the pvs14 I acnt seem to find it.
Thx
Elmer

Who The heck sells these? Ashbury isn't returning my calls.

Any of the site sponsors maybe?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jmason</div><div class="ubbcode-body">in post right above you. Ashbury has the only one I could find.

http://ashburyintlgroup.com</div></div>
Thx I posted before I saw it.
Elmer

Ok. The PLRF Night Vision Interface is what it's called. Ashbury Precision Ordinance part # PLRF NVI. You can purchase it from Heather at Tactical and Survival Specialties Inc. 877-535-TSSi. It runs about $275

UPDATE:

The Ashbury Precision Ordinance part # PLRF NVI does not direct fit a terrapin RF. It will need modified.

get a machinist to do it for you. I can't explain it but here are some pics.

2012-11-11145437.jpg

2012-11-11145431.jpg

I can't believe for $2000, the Terrapin doesn't come out of the box with suitable/appropriate magnification.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe for $2000, the Terrapin doesn't come out of the box with suitable/appropriate magnification. </div></div>

It does... Some just can't leave well enough alone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bh-ltr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe for $2000, the Terrapin doesn't come out of the box with suitable/appropriate magnification. </div></div>

It does... Some just can't leave well enough alone. </div></div>

I agree.