• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnum primers in a 30-06

Scarface26

knuckle dragger
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Southeast OK
Gents,

i read a while back about someone using magnum primers and RL26 on a 30-06. My chamber is SAAMI. I'd like to shoot the sierra 175's or the 195's from hornady - leaning towards the 175's. Reason I ask is that I've got magnum primers and RL 26. Has anyone done this? Should I just stick with H4350 and LR primers with the 175's? HAven't done a work up on either. Cross posted to cast the net wide. Thanks

God bless America

I’ve used both and notice no difference, I didn’t change the powder charge and accuracy remained the same. I have a tight Obermyer chamber in mine.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have a chamber (Serengeti or some other special reamer) set up for heavy bullets? i'll give it a try.

God bless America

Nope. Mine started as a Rem 700 and it shoots 208s with no problem. Just a standard load workup.