• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnum Research

KB_TX

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2007
TX
Can anyone provide feedback on the Magnum Research 10/22 Magnum Lite rifles? I have heard good things mostly, but a few bad things as well. I have heard the trigger group is the same as the Ruger, I don't know if that is true. I have also heard of some feed issues as well. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Magnum Research

You may want to contact www.customruger1022s.com and ask them....He has built rifled in the past based off their receiver.....He like them...He can also give you feedback on the whole rifle too..

D

I just sold my Magnum Research 10/17 in 17HM2. The only reason I sold it was to help fund glass for my Savage BAS. I loved the rifle and it was easily a sub moa gun. The receiver is a bomb proof billit piece with a nice machined rail on top. The trigger is typical Ruger and could be better, but other than that, I loved the thing. I had the Hogue stock model, really light too. Mine had a preference for the Hornady V-Max ammo over the others. I did have some FTE, but only with some of the Remington ammo, not all.

Hope that helps,
Matt

I've got a couple of the MR barrels and love them. Best lightweight barrel on the market IMHO.

I had one in 17 HMR. It was accurate, but would constantly stovepipe with virtually all ammo. It does use the same trigger as any magnum ruger 10/22 setup. I upgraded mine to a Kidd setup. Sold it because I preferred a bolt gun configuration.

I have one in .22mag I bought last Sept.

Excellent rifle. The trigger blows, with the money spent on the thing they could of went with a better trigger. I'll replace mine one of these days with a Kidd.

Mine is accurate. Mine stovespipe the CCI TNT's. If I run Remington 33g Vmax or Hornady's Vmax, it feed's 100%.