• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MagPul 10 Round PMAG Question.

Random One

Private
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2020
I'm using this in a Bergara BMP in 6.5cm and having a tough time getting the 10th round loaded in the magazine. I mean a skin-your-knuckles tough time. Once I do get the 10th in and into the receiver, getting the bolt to move that first round is another battle!

The magazine is a 7.62X51, so that is the correct one.

I've tried leaving the mag loaded with 10 rounds between range times thinking the spring would relax - no joy.

The spring doesn't look like I could cut one coil out and reinstall. It measures .056" diameter.

Would like to get input/solutions/ideas on a fix before I pitch this one and get another - maybe an MDT 12 round mag.

What's your advice? ? ?

I'm using this in a Bergara BMP in 6.5cm and having a tough time getting the 10th round loaded in the magazine. I mean a skin-your-knuckles tough time. Once I do get the 10th in and into the receiver, getting the bolt to move that first round is another battle!

The magazine is a 7.62X51, so that is the correct one.

I've tried leaving the mag loaded with 10 rounds between range times thinking the spring would relax - no joy.

The spring doesn't look like I could cut one coil out and reinstall. It measures .056" diameter.

Would like to get input/solutions/ideas on a fix before I pitch this one and get another - maybe an MDT 12 round mag.

What's your advice? ? ?
Are you using the ACIS PMAG and not the regular 7.62x51 PMAG? The Magpul ACIS mag is not the same and I can load 10 rounds without a problem, although in 7.62x51.

Last edited:
I can load 10 into my AICS Pmags, but they suck. Insert the mag into your gun with a bit of oomph, and it will barf the first round into the action. AICS mags suck in general. The follower is a joke. And, every mag malfunction I have ever seen in competition- and there have been at least one per match- has been due to an AICS mag.

Reactions: camocorvette
Are you using the ACIS PMAG and not the regular 7.62x51 PMAG? The Magpul ACIS mag is not the same and I can load 10 rounds without a problem, although in 7.62x51.

I have the bergara bmp it takes the magpul aics 10 rd mags loads and feeds perfectly 10 in every one

I can load 10 into my AICS Pmags, but they suck. Insert the mag into your gun with a bit of oomph, and it will barf the first round into the action. AICS mags suck in general. The follower is a joke. And, every mag malfunction I have ever seen in competition- and there have been at least one per match- has been due to an AICS mag.

I couldn't tell you the difference - here's a pic of the only embossed description on the mag.
20211213_104836.jpg

Take your magazine apart and see if there is a limiter on the bottom of the follower. It will look like a plastic tab on the bottom of the follower.

If the limiter is there, cut it off and the tenth round will load a bunch easier.

If the limiter tab is not there, I'm sorry but I don't know what else can be done.

Reactions: Random One
Take your magazine apart and see if there is a limiter on the bottom of the follower. It will look like a plastic tab on the bottom of the follower.

If the limiter is there, cut it off and the tenth round will load a bunch easier.

If the limiter tab is not there, I'm sorry but I don't know what else can be done.
THANK YOU! 🥳😁

The follower did have that tab and I was able to get in there with my band saw and cut it off. It still loads with some effort - but it's tolerable, and the first round feed worked very well.

THANK YOU! :D🥳