• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul 933 Bipod vs Harris

jladd

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2017
Illinois
I use a Harris BR bipod on my Seekins Bravo 6.5CM for benchrest shooting and it seems to work fine and I’m used to it. I just observed an ad from Midway they have the Magpul 933 bipod on sale. My question is will the Magpul provide me with any advantages over the Harris for bench work.

Thanks

Doubtful. Scrape a few bucks together and get an Atlas Cal. You won’t be disappointed.

I used both Harris and Magpul. Currently have a Magpul on my RPR. Get an Atlas. Can’t afford it, stick with the Harris. Magpul makes some great products. Bipods are not one of them.

My MPA wears an Atlas I could not be happier.

Reactions: Average guy
The Magpul I owned did fine, as long as the legs weren’t extended, lol. I’d continue to rock the Harris and upgrade to the Atlas Cal when your ready.

I’d continue to rock the Harris and upgrade to the Atlas Cal when your ready.
+1

I personally think the Harris' only redeeming qualities are fast leg deployment and straddling a handrail parallel with the rifle well. I had 3 of them. But if cost is an issue, it's fine.

Past that I prefer my Atlas CALs in every way. Especially build quality

But instead of getting a diff/new bipod I'd spend the $ on:

1. Sniperhide $20 upgrade to get access to the online training videos

2. ammo. shoot more, IMO this sport is anout actually shooting and enjoying the activity... less so than buying new gear

Whether you train to get better or plink for fun with no regard to fundamentals... do it and have fun!

Spend your $ on gas driving your cheaper car > sitting in your Ferrari in the garage bc you can't afford the gas

(I'm thinking of a very specific person)

3. maybe a low cost tripod for a different tool to learn (PM me for suggestions) or do a search

Also look at the Fab defense bipod Spike. Just another option. I have all three Cal first then Fab Spike and then Magpul.

Reactions: JS8588