• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul AICS 7.62x51 mag

jongekj1

Private
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2014
I apologize if this has been discussed somewhere already but my search tool is not working since the update. Anyway, I have an Magpul AICS 7.62x51-10 round magazine I've been using for my 6.5 Creedmoor. I'm having issues with feed after the first round. It seems as if the spring flops inside and applies more pressure to the front of the round causing the round to drop at the rear and the bolt fails to catch the head as I am cycling a new round. Anyone else have this or know of a fix?

Are you using factory ammo? Can you take a caliper measurement to the length and tell us what it measures? What receiver are you using? I have heard of problems with cartridges that are a little longer than normal, otherwise generally good reviews.

Using factory ammunition (prime/hornady) and they fit with plenty of room. Action is a kelblys atlas in a JAE 700 chassis.

Did you clip the follower to allow an extra round in the mag? I started having the same type of issue, in reverse, when I clipped them on the 5 rounders. The front of the round would catch on the feed ramp in a Defiance/ XLR element. I turned, not flipped, the spring 180 and the issue vanished. Good luck.

Did you clip the follower to allow an extra round in the mag? I started having the same type of issue, in reverse, when I clipped them on the 5 rounders. The front of the round would catch on the feed ramp in a Defiance/ XLR element. I turned, not flipped, the spring 180 and the issue vanished. Good luck.
Thanks for the tip, I have not done that yet. I'll give it a try.

Went to range on Sunday and yes it it fed much better. I was however using Hornady 147 gr. Instead of PRIME 130gr OTM. Doubt it would make a difference through since the casing should be identical. Thanks!