• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul B.A.D. On a LMT MWS?

Re: Magpul B.A.D. On a LMT MWS?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDStroup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would you want to do that? The LMT MWS already has an ambi bolt release. </div></div>

False.

On the early production rifles [billet] there was only enough material removed from the receiver to accommodate the factory bolt release. On the later forged uppers more material was removed so it LOOKS like it could accommodate an extended bolt release. Have yet to see anyone use one yet.

I make the BAD lever work with all uppers - I use a dremmel grinding bit and a lot of pressure to turn the center of the paddle cherry red (soften the steel) - then drill/tap the paddle - after grinding away the parts of the BAD lever that would contact the upper, fasten it to the paddle with a screw and epoxy - worst thing that could happen is to ruin the bolt release and it is a 6$ part

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I make the BAD lever work with all uppers - I use a dremmel grinding bit and a lot of pressure to turn the center of the paddle cherry red (soften the steel) - then drill/tap the paddle - after grinding away the parts of the BAD lever that would contact the upper, fasten it to the paddle with a screw and epoxy - worst thing that could happen is to ruin the bolt release and it is a 6$ part </div></div>

This seems like alot of work to fit a BAD! Can i just change the bolt release to something that will fit well with the BAD?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I make the BAD lever work with all uppers - I use a dremmel grinding bit and a lot of pressure to turn the center of the paddle cherry red (soften the steel) - then drill/tap the paddle - after grinding away the parts of the BAD lever that would contact the upper, fasten it to the paddle with a screw and epoxy - worst thing that could happen is to ruin the bolt release and it is a 6$ part </div></div>

Rather than going to all that effort have you looked at Phase 5 Tactical?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1kOrBust</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This seems like alot of work to fit a BAD! Can i just change the bolt release to something that will fit well with the BAD? </div></div>

Check with LMT first as many manufacturers are still using 223 bolt releases even on their 308's as I found out first hand, but I have one of the Phase 5 Tactical EBRv2 on my GAP-10 and it works great.

This seems like alot of work to fit a BAD!

after the first one it is about 10 minutes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StoopidSlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDStroup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would you want to do that? The LMT MWS already has an ambi bolt release. </div></div>

False.

On the early production rifles [billet] there was only enough material removed from the receiver to accommodate the factory bolt release. On the later forged uppers more material was removed so it LOOKS like it could accommodate an extended bolt release. Have yet to see anyone use one yet. </div></div> wow. I can't belive i got that so mixed up. They have ambi magazine release not ambi bolt release. Then again I'm left handed so the bolt release is always on the right side for me
grin.gif