• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul BAD

ukdave28

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2008
Riverside CA, USA
I am sure I will get slammed for posting this here and not on an AR site but I am searching for a Magpul BAD . Does anyone have an extra one they might sell, or point me in the direction of were I might be able to get one. I do not want to pay $60 for one on ebay

Re: Magpul BAD

I understand that MagPul is shipping out the first BAD's to there stocking dealer. Brownells got a batch in something like 240 and the people that pre-ordered was something like 244. You might need to cehck around. I know someone here on the HIDE was suppose to get some in.

OH and for those that do not know what a BAD is it is a Bolt Assist Device.

I have some on order. They should be here in about a week or two. The supply is limited though...

I haven't even posted them on the site yet. Email me for more details if you are interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why run a BAD, why not use one of the original designs instead of a design that was ripped off. </div></div>

Someone has a little thorn in their toe about Magpul....

If it's a rip-off, who did the original? If there is another maker, is their product better or did it just come first?

What's funny, is that of the bazillion companies out there making crap for the AR platform, and most of which being similar, who can really tell who thought of what first, or really care?

Magpul's made some pretty innovative shit, even if someone came out with this little slap paddle before them, whoppdie shit.

Now, who was the first company to make headers for a Mustang? I want to make sure I don't buy a rip off set...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why run a BAD, why not use one of the original designs instead of a design that was ripped off. </div></div>

Someone has a little thorn in their toe about Magpul.... </div></div>

thats what it appears, he bashes magpul every chance he gets

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why run a BAD, why not use one of the original designs instead of a design that was ripped off. </div></div>

Someone has a little thorn in their toe about Magpul.... </div></div>

Yeah I do have a big one actually.

How many people here on the Hide have said ... Dont buy such and such because its nothing but a chineese rip off of the ____________ .

To me thats all the BAD is... a rip off of the original, BUT since MagPul is backing it and producing their version of it, then its the cats ass and everyone wants one.

Its the nutthugging fanboy shit that irritates me.

l_722015001_1.jpg

that is one of the original extended bolt releases that have been available for many years and some hipower shooters use them on their rifles.

I run some MagPul shit ... so you cant say that I am anti MagPul

As I recall Outsyd's buddy got a legal threat from Magpul. I agree with his fanboy/nutswinger comment.

Not bashing Magpul at all (spent a lotta coin on their stuff and I really like it) but I would like to know if anyone's taken a look at the Phase 5 Tactical one-piece equivalent.

Other than the bolt catch piece being a MIM part (and I ain't bashing MIM either), seems like a nice bit of kit altho it is pricey.

TIA, Pete

I would just like to tell everyone about the great experience I had with western sportonline, Justin was great and helped me out getting some cool hard to find stuff.

I am aware that this is a site that caters to the long range shooter but I am sure most of us have more that one style of gun.

so if you need stuff try his company out.

OH and for the record I think Magpul stuff is hard to beat... They may not have come up with the idea but they do a fine job of refining designs.