• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul Bi-pod’s ...Good, bad or other??

delinquent pleb

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2017
Hi everyone, was looking at Magpul bipods and was curious to know if anyone had experience with them in a PRS comp setting? Was thinking about grabbing one as a cheaper alternative to an atlas bipod.

Are they reliable and sturdy or are they rubbish? I would be using on the bottom of a KRG W-3 connected via pic rail and shooting .260 wit a Med-Varmint barrel. Thanks for your input in advance

Thanks
Simmo

I haven't competed with mine yet but after a full day of shooting in the dirt, I've liked it. Its higher then a harris and while it feels flimsy, it's easy to load and stable. Used it with an RPR in 6.5 during a class out to 1k yards. Compared to an Atlas, not sure, same with long term durability but I like it so far. The ability to pan is great and it can be locked out if needed.

I've been pretty impressed with the Magpul Bipod and it's quite sturdy. That said, not being able to set fore and aft at 45 deg is a disadvantage for PRS use. Get the Atlas (with spike feet) for that.

It's definitely not an Atlas, but I like it for the money. Don't care about 45 degree lock either way.

I use it with pan/tilt locked out. It's useless on heavier rifles anyways- can't tighten it enough.

I'm holding out for the Costa edition.

Who-Is-Chris-Costa-Operator.jpg

Couldn't resist. ?

It’s definitely not as good as my atlas but it is better than Harris in my opinion. I like that it pans and tilts and locks. After using an atlas for so me years I can’t even use a Harris anymore I end up with the rifle falling back towards me because they don’t lock out.

I don’t think the feet are compatible with others. I feel like it locks up better then my atlas. I do wish it had 45 degree capabilities.