• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul bipod 45 degree lock up.

Tungsten7

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2020

Album detailing cutting the bipod legs to engage at a 45 degree angle. Shapin the back (inside) of the leg helps with a full locking position of the button. Using a flexible tape measure will help you find the center between the middle of the leg and the 90 cut from factory mark with the smaller file then start with the 1/4 file. They are aluminum so it goes quickly and easily. You could easily use a dremel if you can find your grinding drums and the drum assembly in your work bench unlike myself!

Legs are cut on both sides for a 90 so if you screw something up largely you can flip the leg so leg extension button up and still have a fully working bipod.

Reactions: Mudmarine
Your “gold rotation nut” is a bronze or brass bushing. It’s used as a bearing for the steal screw.
Good writeup. Interested in how durable it is in the long term. Seems like magpul made the upper part of the leg too narrow to really be 45 degree feasible. Take a look at the notches on a CAL bipod to see what I’m talking about.

Your “gold rotation nut” is a bronze or brass bushing. It’s used as a bearing for the steal screw.
Good writeup. Interested in how durable it is in the long term. Seems like magpul made the upper part of the leg too narrow to really be 45 degree feasible. Take a look at the notches on a CAL bipod to see what I’m talking about.

I just noticed I wrote gold rotation nut ha. It is brass. They really should have beefed it up there's enough there I feel comfortable loading it, but not like atlas or CAL. It's aluminum I would have preferred a steel of some sort. That said it's lasted with no signs on wear for 7 months now surprisingly. I originally posted this on Reddit after I did it.

I never understood why Magpul wouldn’t build this into the bipod, I would be a lot more interested in getting one if they did

I never understood why Magpul wouldn’t build this into the bipod, I would be a lot more interested in getting one if they did
They should make a pro version and add it and a wider stance. Call it the PRO version and charge $120 watch them fly out the door.

I think a lot of people past on these because they don't have the 45° option. I know I did.

I'm thinking of trying to buy a used one just to give this a go

Been a few years now. How is this holding up?

Been a few years now. How is this holding up?
Great honestly, the slots I filed out have less wiggle than factory. Just went out and shot it last week at 400 yards, pushed up a couple notches due to the alfalfa growing. I want to get another and see if it can make it lock up at 45, 90, 135 and full 180 (can't happen sadly due to the mech).

Attachments

• PXL_20220321_193514059.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220321_193514059.PORTRAIT.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 37