• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul Bipod vs Harris Swivel/Notched 6-9"

762libertarian

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2012
Hello,

So I'm putting together my first rifle with a target/tactical style scope and heavy barrel. It's a T3x CTR with a K624i on top.

I'm not sure what bipod to get, and I'm also (unfortunately) not in the US. Where I live, the magpul and the Harris with the swivel function and the notched legs cost about the same, with the magpul having a long delivery time. The Harris is in availible in one of favorite LGS'.

Do you think I'll be missing out if I go for the classic instead of the new guy on the block? I originally wanted to get the Magpul because I feel like the its design incorporates a lot of the thought that has been bouncing around for the last ten years, but I could drive and buy the Harris tomorrow and it will fit right on the sling swivel of my Tikka (no plans to replace the stock).

Nothing wrong with a harris, simple and it works. Given the choice straight up I dont know which way I would go these days. I wouldnt wait any amount of time for a magpul over a harris.

I really only need a slight push to go get the Harris. I was just really turned on by the Magpul bipod video, especially the soundtrack.

Anyone else care to chime in before I call dibs on the last Harris in the LGS?

LOL, If I ever read - "I bought a magpul bipod because of the soundtrack" we have inded advanced the shooting sports! :)
Yep, they "whipped it...whipped it good!". I think I'd still prefer a company that I can build a relationship with. Yours is the first and only company that's earned my trust to that end. You can lead a horse to water...

I've got a Magpul bipod on backorder. The expected ship date keeps moving out. I may very well change the order to a Harris and be done with it, but I would also need to get an mlok adapter to attach it to my rifle.

I received a Magpul bipod this week (17S version that I mounted to a Larue LT271 QD). I like it. I’m not getting rid of my Harris BRM-S by any means, but I do like the Magpul and am going to use it for awhile on my primary rifle.

Two things that stick out to me, 1) the Magpul pans while the Harris doesn’t. 2) when carrying the rifle slung up on my back, the Magpul doesn’t have all the hard edges/corners that dig into my back like the Harris does.

One more thing to add to my list.

I've got a Magpul bipod on backorder. The expected ship date keeps moving out. I may very well change the order to a Harris and be done with it, but I would also need to get an mlok adapter to attach it to my rifle.
Just buy an Mlok to picatinny rail section and it will allow for all sorts of QC options for the future.

I am looking forward to getting one and trying it out. I am a Magpul fanboy.

Mr OP, not sure if the magpul is the same height as the 6-9 Harris , might be a consideration if it isn't

Idahoorion