• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul Bottom Metal Install - Rem 700

Mattrmvpd

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2004
South Georgia
If anyone is deciding to get a Magpul detachable bottom mag setup for a remington 700 SA and wanting to do it themselves, this may help.

First, its really not a difficult task. Just GO SLOW.

Tools I Used:
Dremel with sanding and grinding piece
Flat File

There are only 2 areas that really need sandind/grinding.

Front just behind the action screw. Some of the metal block has to be removed. The dremel WILL do it and will make it look very clean if you take your time.

Flat file is used to help EVENLY open up the mag insert area of the stock. It will need a decent amount of stock removed. Again, GO SLOW.

Keep checking the fitment and just re-work the areas. Check-double check and check again.

Process took me about 3 hours. If all you have is a dremel like me, it will work and look very very close to factory.

Im available for questions if anyone attempts it and needs a talk through. If you are half way decent with a dremel its a pretty easy job.

CF6A437A-ED8D-4FB0-BEC5-20198C55C7CD.jpeg
CF6A437A-ED8D-4FB0-BEC5-20198C55C7CD.jpeg
4440A2A6-1A4A-4D0F-89A8-4660F8C38F39.jpeg
838BB4FD-2E13-46DF-B2A6-5E85413A6061.jpeg

Hell yeah! I did this on a 700 long action and it feeds better than factory. Awesome mod!

I’ve done a couple myself. Just get a little clearance around it and bed it in with dev con. It works great

If you are asking about the Magpul bottom, yes it is very good quality. Alpears to be the same material that the mags are made out of. I have put several through their paces and they have held up perfectly.

Reactions: Drewski2324
Battleborn,

No prob. I was like others before i attempted it...worried i would mess something up. I have done amith work in the past, mostly 1911 parts... install flush cups on stocks and bedding...

Cutting into a stock is scary but if you go slow with the dremel and keep checking the fit, it will all go fine.

I have done 5 now and all are very nicely done.

It takes a little time so plan about 2-3 hours for the first one.

Make sure you have several different types of grinders and snaders for a dremel and a good flat file for filing down the inside of the stock. It works perfectly.

If anyone needs a picture of the items i used just PM me.

Thanks, I've done several from BDL to M5 inlet so I figured it wouldn't be bad. Just wondered how close the magpul was.