• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Magpul Dynamics Precision Rifle Training Class

egarabedian

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2010
Fresno, CA
Not sure if this is the right place to put this post but I was wondering if anyone has taken any of the Magpul Dynamics Precision Rifle Training classes?

Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Re: Magpul Dynamics Precision Rifle Training Class

Wish there was a way to subscribe without making a "stupid" post.......

Interested aswell.

I have been through PR1 with Magpul Dynamics. You will not go wrong with instruction from Caylen. The course is well thought out and every evolution of instructuion builds upon the previous lessons taught. Caylen is a good guy and does a great job of ensuring that each student gets what they need from the class. He has a "been there, done that" resume and knows how to translate his real world experience into usable information for students. Sign up, you won't regret it.

+1 on Magpuls Precision Rifle classes. I have taken both his Precision Rifle I and II classes last year in addition to classes from about 4 or 5 other schools. This is by far in away the best class in my opinion. What you will walk away with after taking the class is the knowledge and know how to properly utilize your weapon system the way it was meant to be used. He'll take you out of your comfort zone (regardless of your experience level) and make you think about what you are doing.
Caylen has real world experience having served in Iraq but doesn't talk down to his students and is always willing to answer any question to help his students advance.
I recently shot at Magpuls new range west of Yakima and it is off the hook...360 degrees of shooting out to well over a mile with high angle stuff surrounded by mountains.
Anyway, can't say enough good stuff about Magpul, it's one class you won't regret taking!

Thanks for the info. Do you know how many people they typically have in the Magpul PR1 class?

I'm just trying to get a feel for the other classes out there. There's a 4-day training class going on locally next month with Patrick Garrity (from the movie Shooter) but it's $1000...a lot of money for a class. I'm sure it's worth it, just looking to learn a little more about these kind of classes.

Anyone else have any info or opinions on Magpul or any other classes?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know what the max class size is but both classes that I have been to were about 6-8 students. You'll do a lot of working in shooter/spotter teams, switching back and forth. It's a great way to learn to read the wind and learn to communicate with a partner.

I'm not sure where to put this post so I figured this is as good a place as any....

Is there a way to receive email updates when someone comments/replies on your posts? I can't find the setting for some reason. Does it exist?

Let me know if there's a better place to put this question and I'll move it.

Click Topic Options at the top of the thread and choose 'watch topic' perhaps.

Excellent classes with an excellent instructor. Sign up with confidence as you wont be sorry.