• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Magpul Hunter stock potential problem?

Gohring65

Cheap bastard
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Ohio
    DB720968-3B22-4504-99DE-B163146216D4.jpeg

The separation right behind the tang?
    Is the bedding block going to shift?

If it were me, I'd contact Magpul about that directly, and asap.
    I sent 4 emails with pics and video no response. That’s why I came here. After posting this, i realized I could reach out thru Facebook messenger they said it was “normal” lol
    I’ve been bedding rifles for years, and I would never say that’s normal. I have my suspicions on what might happen under recoil, but it’s supposedly normal.

Last edited:
    Check the screws that hold the two halves together. Maybe they came untorqued.
    I was kind of in a rush when I typed that earlier. To be specific, the main screws you'll want to check are the ones that are underneath the little panels on the sides of the pistol grip area. Just pry the panels up with a thin flat blade screwdriver or something, IIRC there are a couple of screws in there. Check those. If they've come loose from recoil or something, maybe some VibraTite or other thread locker will help.

Reactions: Gohring65
    I was kind of in a rush when I typed that earlier. To be specific, the main screws you'll want to check are the ones that are underneath the little panels on the sides of the pistol grip area. Just pry the panels up with a thin flat blade screwdriver or something, IIRC there are a couple of screws in there. Check those. If they've come loose from recoil or something, maybe some VibraTite or other thread locker will help.
    That’s some great info. Thank ya. I wouldn’t have known to check for screws there.

Reactions: J. W.