• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul MS2 sling: any similar alternatives?

Ghillie Zen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2009
The Black Lodge
I've been using Magpul's MS2 sling for awhile and really like the ability to convert from single to a 2-point sling, but the narrow webbing doesn't provide much comfort and cuts into my neck/shoulder.

The MS2 is an excellent sling and I like the design, but are there any alternatives on the market with wider webbing or padding that provide the same conversion ability?

Re: Magpul MS2 sling: any similar alternatives?

tacstrap.com I have been using one for a few months. It works great for me.

Zac,
I have thought the same when using the MS2 over a rig.
Fantastic sling but gets uncomfortable after a couple hours.
Have Tony or Stu make you a strap cover to your width. Maybe a slip over padded area.
Tac it in and your good to go.
Just a thought.

A slip over pad should do the job. I'll probably go this route so that I can keep runnin the MS2. Thanks Scott!

CalmlyDeMented, good suggestion on the Tacstrap as well. Checked out their site, looks nice. I like the use of the wide webbing and the snap hooks.

I do believe so, I remember hearing that it was supposed to be coming out soon.

I have a BDS Tactical Dual Sling that is similar to the Magpul MS2. I like the BDS sling a lot, and have never felt the webbing was too narrow.