• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MagPul Multi Mission Sling

Re: MagPul Multi Mission Sling

No he needs to buy it . Rich needs the money,to develop more gear.
wink.gif

it works for what it is intended to do

i prefer a 2 point vickers or viking but the magpul is a great single point sling, i guess it comes down to how you are going to use weapon system in the end, but its a nice sling

i am going to pick up the new plate attachemtn they have for the forward rail at some point and try it out

I use one in conjuction with a Noveske end plate with QD swivels. Works great.

I'm not trying to hijack MtnMan's thread and I think this is related enough to not ruffle feathers: How does the "clasp" on the one end work? I get the one that is a pretty simple hook (I know, I'm a genius), but I didn't see any good pictures of the other end. What type of swivel does it need to attach to the gun in its 2-point application? Thanks in advance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i really like it in conjunction with the asap mount </div></div>

It is a good sling. I have the ASAP plate on two of my lowers. It can also be set-up as a two point sling. Like was posted they are coming out with a new sling and also a new attachment plate for the front rail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does the "clasp" on the one end work? What type of swivel does it need to attach to the gun in its 2-point application? Thanks in advance. </div></div>

It's a clip basically. Similar to an alligator clip. There's a lock on the back of the clip that rotates and keeps it from unclipping. I use a heavy duty QD swivel front and back for mine.

I've used the sling along with the ASAP mount. It allows you to transition from the strong side to the support side real quick. It's as comfortable as a one point sling can be. If your going to have the weapon slung for a long time (i.e. deployed) I'd probably recommend the VTAC sling, especially the padded version. The VTAC still allows you to transfer the weapon to the support side with an extra step (pull the string). Whichever one you choose may sure that you practice with it.

If your purchasing some Magpul products you should buy the B.A.D. device. It works great, of course you also have to practice with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoshAston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a clip basically. Similar to an alligator clip. There's a lock on the back of the clip that rotates and keeps it from unclipping. I use a heavy duty QD swivel front and back for mine. </div></div>
Josh, Thanks. That's just what I wanted to know.

Nice concept, but the way it mounts knd if sucks. I made my own 1/2 point sling using the Gear Sector GS-2P with different hook up and it works much better.

The MS2 works pretty good as single points go, but I would definitely wait for the MS3. In my experience the quick release on the MS2 tends to let go unexpectedly while trying to manipulate the rifle for transitions. You can call it operator error, but I've seen this happen to many MS2 users.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice concept, but the way it mounts knd if sucks. I made my own 1/2 point sling using the Gear Sector GS-2P with different hook up and it works much better. </div></div>

PIC??