• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul PMAG - 5.56 ACIS magazine

I just saw the SHOT email for this. Seems like an interesting solution! If they work well I could definitely see myself owning a few.

gives me good reason to finish my 300 blk pistol. Interested to see how well these perform.

I'd be curious getting a couple. My MDT mags work great but the Accurate ones will nosedive if the mag tilts slightly.

The 2.39" COAL is going to be an issue for many people I would think. Hope you can mod them like an Accurate Mag. Also wish they would have kept the straight mag geometry, these just look off to me.

Having said that, I'm sure these will be well made and I'll probably pick one up to support them.

The 2.39" COAL is going to be an issue for many people I would think. Hope you can mod them like an Accurate Mag. Also wish they would have kept the straight mag geometry, these just look off to me.

Having said that, I'm sure these will be well made and I'll probably pick one up to support them.
Yep, fucking stupid claim on their part to defend the neutering of their product.

"We see you like long range so here is an aics pattern to run bulk 55s!"

Last edited:
Magpul said on the facebook that there is quite a bit of material that can be filed out to run them longer. Not sure why they didn't make them that way to start but I digress.

I have a Rem700 5R in .223 that is a laser and have one AI mag that they quit making. Would love a couple of these bad boyz.

PB

Oh Magpul
vaqerctjbgnxeq6tzv5x.png

Just from watching the video, it looks like these mags will not work with three lug actions with the raised lip on the side. Seem like it would be in the path of the lug. No proof, just my guess by looking at the design.

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but the fact we're almost 1.5 years from when they were announced with nothing released makes me hopeful they saw the feedback and went back to the drawing board.

Longer OAL and straight mag design please.

Reactions: camocorvette
I believe i'll be making some solutions for AICS magazines and 223 :)
What's the likelihood of getting 12rd AICS 223 mags designed for heavy bullets/long throats(2.6"+ OAL)? I'm seeing more and more 223s in local matches and considering doing it more often myself. I'm no designer but I think this could be done by redesigning the polymer inserts in the Accurate mags.

What's the likelihood of getting 12rd AICS 223 mags designed for heavy bullets/long throats(2.6"+ OAL)? I'm seeing more and more 223s in local matches and considering doing it more often myself. I'm no designer but I think this could be done by redesigning the polymer inserts in the Accurate mags.
Will have to measure for mag retrofit kits. But also plan on making entire mags.

Available OAL on the Magpul is a good deal less than the MDT 223 mags. I will be shooting factory 300 BO loads so this will not effect me as much as some. The Magpul is very slim compared to the MDT. Looks like your typical Magpul quality product.

Might as well make them 15 rounders?
That would be nice as long as they aren't any longer than normal AICS. Me and other shooters have been in more than a couple situations where mags with extensions interfere with rooftops, spools, and other props. One of the main reasons I run AWs in most situations.

That would be nice as long as they aren't any longer than normal AICS. Me and other shooters have been in more than a couple situations where mags with extensions interfere with rooftops, spools, and other props. One of the main reasons I run AWs in most situations.

No reason why they can't be double stack double feed.

These will not work with the Ruger American 223 rifles. Magpul at some point added a disclaimer about them not working which is awesome being I ordered a couple after being told by Magpul a long time ago they would work. I tried them in my Ranch to no avail. The bolt overran the cartridge or when it did pick up the round it would run into the base of the feedramp. So glad I went this way and now have a worthless rifle/stock. To make it all even better and rub a little salt in the wound they used an American in the picture of the mag even after adding the disclaimer about it not working with Rugers. So stupid. Should have bought a Tikka.
  • Due to the feed geometry dictated by the .223 Remington cartridge and the Ruger American overall receiver length, this magazine is not recommended for use in the Ruger American rifle. While it will be possible to insert the magazine into Ruger American rifles that accept AICS-pattern magazines, function and reliability may be heavily compromised.

You have a worthless rifle and stock because you bought shitty mags?

And yes, should have bought a Tikka.
lol which mags work? Seems like none is the answer. Rifle seems to be incompatable with AICS mags which was the reason I bought it. Magpul doesn't mention anything about the stock not working with the 223 guns and told me that it would work when they finally released these mags. Now they say differently.

These will not work with the Ruger American 223 rifles. Magpul at some point added a disclaimer about them not working which is awesome being I ordered a couple after being told by Magpul a long time ago they would work. I tried them in my Ranch to no avail. The bolt overran the cartridge or when it did pick up the round it would run into the base of the feedramp. So glad I went this way and now have a worthless rifle/stock. To make it all even better and rub a little salt in the wound they used an American in the picture of the mag even after adding the disclaimer about it not working with Rugers. So stupid. Should have bought a Tikka.
To be fair, normal aics mags don’t work for a ruger in the magpul hunter stock either. The magpul hunter mag well is funky and doesn’t jive with 223 sized cases.

Put that American in an oryx or another chassis and use the accurate mag extended lip metal mags and it will work fine.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie