• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul Pro 700 chassis; how do you like it?

No issues. Very comfortable and addressed all of my complaints I had with my previous chassis system, except for one: WEIGHT

It is heavy... just like the chassis it replaced. I also installed the arca rail, which is very nice to have.

Because of the adjustability the fit is excellent. Finish is polymer so it is what it is, but no sharp angles and what not. I waited until there was a sale so I bought under $800. At that price it was a no brainer.

Other than that I like it allot.

Reactions: Tango down
No issues. Very comfortable and addressed all of my complaints I had with my previous chassis system, except for one: WEIGHT

It is heavy... just like the chassis it replaced. I also installed the arca rail, which is very nice to have.

Because of the adjustability the fit is excellent. Finish is polymer so it is what it is, but no sharp angles and what not. I waited until there was a sale so I bought under $800. At that price it was a no brainer.

Other than that I like it allot.

That's what I am looking for; a good fit, adjustable, rigid, removable mag, NV rail, Arca rail compatible, the weight sucks off hand but it is your friend to tame recoil, I shoot 308 so it still jumps some, even with a good brake. Would you say the Magpul Pro is similar in quality, fit and finish as MPA and MDT?

My only complaint is minor and won't bother most. The forearm area is very tall especially with an arca rail attached.

A solid choice. As far as weight goes, it’s a bit heavy but not too much more than similar systems. I’ve found the weight has been beneficial for offhand...better balance maybe? Folding mech is very nice and locks up tight. I only wish the grip was standard AR and not proprietary. That being said I really like the more vertical grip that it comes with.

I picked up a new-in-the-box folder from eBay for a decent price, dropped in a barreled action chambered in .223, and am quite pleased with it so far. The ergos are obviously an individual thing, but there is a substantial amount of adjustability so most should be able to make it work. The quality of construction is quite good; there are study chunks of metal under the plastic skins, and the fit-and-finish is superb. The weight is, well, tank-like. For the crowd that adds ballast this is of little concern, but I don't think it'd make for a good hunting rig and I would not want to spend a lot of time shooting it off-hand. At least it is well-balanced.

I'm not sure that it's a great value at the ~$950 street price that the big retailers are asking for the folder, but they can be had from other sources for around $800 if one isn't picky about the color, and like-new ones show up on eBay and in the PX here for around $700 on occasion. At that point, I think it's a damn good deal.

I picked up a new-in-the-box folder from eBay for a decent price, dropped in a barreled action chambered in .223, and am quite pleased with it so far. The ergos are obviously an individual thing, but there is a substantial amount of adjustability so most should be able to make it work. The quality of construction is quite good; there are study chunks of metal under the plastic skins, and the fit-and-finish is superb. The weight is, well, tank-like. For the crowd that adds ballast this is of little concern, but I don't think it'd make for a good hunting rig and I would not want to spend a lot of time shooting it off-hand. At least it is well-balanced.

I'm not sure that it's a great value at the ~$950 street price that the big retailers are asking for the folder, but they can be had from other sources for around $800 if one isn't picky about the color, and like-new ones show up on eBay and in the PX here for around $700 on occasion. At that point, I think it's a damn good deal.
Glad you ended up liking it. I hunted with mine for one day and that was it. For me it was more of how cold it got vs a normal stock.

Hi just a quick question,my pal has just built a rem 700 .223 in the pro 700,what mag are you using as he having problems trying to find one that runs smoothly in .223 in this chassis?

Hi just a quick question,my pal has just built a rem 700 .223 in the pro 700,what mag are you using as he having problems trying to find one that runs smoothly in .223 in this chassis?

The MDT .223 mags have been working for me.