• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul PRS cheek riser modification

Hondatech19

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2012
Erie, PA
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I have a Cadex chassis that came with the magpul prs gen2 stock. Using a Bushnell HDMR in a Larue one piece mount. The cheek riser is at max height and I still need 1/4-1/2” more to get a good cheekweld. Scope is as low as low as I can get it without contacting the handguard on the chassis.

Is there anything I can do to get more height out of the cheek riser without replacing the stock? I’m ok with doing most modifications necessary to achieve the goal. I also have a lathe and a Bridgeport available to me. I just don’t have any ideas as what to do.

Keeping in mind I need to be able to get the riser most of the way down (or removable) for the bore guide and cleaning rod.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mill the top off the hand guard where it interferes with the scope bell. Replace scope mount with lower option.

Or, you could create an additional riser that you affix to the cheek riser. I made one for a different stock from a piece of PVC pipe, some JB weld, a couple nuts and bolts, a bunch of washers, and 2 brass threaded inserts.

You could disassemble the stock, remove the cheek piece, and create a custom piece.

Put a law tactical folder hinge on your chassis and you don't need to worry about cheek rest height for the bore guide and cleaning rod.

Any chance you have a picture of the one you made?
3051D7B2-1E10-4704-B673-7297E1F23015.jpeg

A bit ratchet, but effective. Drilled holes in the Magpul cheek riser to accept brass threaded inserts. Bedded the back side of the riser with water weld putty, to give the inserts more meat. Hack saw and hand file to cut and shape the pvc pipe piece. Use washers for spacing the new cheek rest above the factory rest. The screws are spaced enough that I don’t feel them with my cheek.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
Thank you very much. That’s a great idea. Clean and simple. I will give it a try. I really appreciate it!