• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul PRS help

heitmann45

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2010
CA
I installed the PRS on my SPR a few months ago, adjusted everything to where I wanted it and it's been great. I just installed a new scope and need to adjust the cheek riser, but she won't budge. I've loosend screws and even took the stock off, still won't move at all. The LOP adjustment moves just fine. Anybody have this happen before? Any ideas?

Re: Magpul PRS help

silly question, but are you already at the top or bottom of the adjustment range?

Close to the bottom, but not completely there. Still won't turn either way.

Yeah mine was pretty stiff when I got it. Took both hands to get it moving. I would say try harder.

Ok, thanks for the replies guys, just don't want to break it. I'll have Humungus's mom have a shot at it, she'll probably take care of it.

A solid twist with both hands on the adjustment wheel should get it moving. They can be tight, but nothing a little manhandling won't fix. You won't break it unless you take the hammer or crowbar to it.

set a wood block agin it and tap it with a hammer in the direction it needs to go. the knob is scalloped isnt it? not knurled? mine is in the safe but i thought it was enough to get some bite with the wood to get it moving.