• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul PRS on Mcree question

Bdevr

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2014
Back in NV!
I know that it has been done before, but there is one question that I have not seen answered and my OCD will not let it go...
The end of the PRS is notched to fit the back end of an AR lower, but the adapter on a Mcree stock does not match said notch. So to those who have used this combo, What'd you do about this? I can't leave a void there, and I'm not 100% sure that I want to go grinding on a $250 buttstock either.
please help, my new Mcree looks naked without and ass-end.

The Mcree is setup for a carbine tube and stock. Your only option to keep the stock from rotating is glue or epoxy the stock to the tube. However this will be permanent and is not recommended by Mcree.

Sent from the firing line.

Magpul PRS on Mcree question

You can drill the stock and tube and insert a roll pin or tap and countersink an Allen screw. Done right it would be hardly noticeable and wouldn't be as "permanent"

Last edited:
I never considered the issue of rolling. I may have to rethink this one. I was never 100% sold on the PRS and the idea of mickeying anything in makes it less than appealing.